Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think we have a winner...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I think we have a winner...

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

.....I've bought a few pieces from Cervini's in the past and everything was top quality, save for one hood that they made right they asked me to cut it in half and email pictures of the hood in 2 pieces to them and they shipped out another hood for free.

Lol, this is where a photchop job is due.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:59 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

Lol, this is where a photchop job is due.
It wasn't worth photochopping, it looked they took a grider to the hood. It had gouge marks all over it, when trying to blow trash that was rattling around inside the hood out the underside of the hood was seperating from the top because it wasn't bonded properly. It literally would have taken $300 in body work to get it decent.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Ew, that bad huh.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:25 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Yeah it must have been the first time the guy ever saw fiberglass in his life and it slipped by their quality checks, but at least they made it right and everything else I have ever gotten from them was top notch.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:52 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147
Hehe, thats the problem dude........they are! I can't decide between the Roush and Cervini ducktails. I'm still waiting to see some pics of the cervini spoiler from multiple angles before I decide. No one seems to have one on their car yet around here.
I've bought a few pieces from Cervini's in the past and everything was top quality, save for one hood that they made right they asked me to cut it in half and email pictures of the hood in 2 pieces to them and they shipped out another hood for free.

I will be going with the Cervini's spoiler and Roush window louvers, I found the louvers for sale used in like new condition for a steal and they were already painted the right color! I was leaning towards a Roush spoiler until I determined my 12" stripes wouldn't fit in the cutout on the back edge and I wasn't willing to go with smaller stripes.
Well, I'm not at all worried about the quality of the Cervini spoiler....I just want to see how it looks from all angles so I can decide whether I like the styling or not.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:06 AM
CarsandCigars
1st Gear Member

ThisBlood: I had the same angst you are having about the duck bill. I end up ordering the Street scenes spoiler. When it arrived the quality was not the best. I thought the body shop that installed it could work through the issues (i.e. burs, gouges, rough edges, etc.) Well they tried their best, but it's not quite right. I'm kinda **** and I'm thinking of having it removed. I was really impressed with the quality of CDC. I ordered a chin spolier from them. Very nice quality, but I just couldn't live with the duck bill covering the third brake light.

I'll post pics of the Street scenes if your interested.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:10 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CarsandCigars

ThisBlood: I had the same angst you are having about the duck bill. I end up ordering the Street scenes spoiler. When it arrived the quality was not the best. I thought the body shop that installed it could work through the issues (i.e. burs, gouges, rough edges, etc.) Well they tried their best, but it's not quite right. I'm kinda **** and I'm thinking of having it removed. I was really impressed with the quality of CDC. I ordered a chin spolier from them. Very nice quality, but I just couldn't live with the duck bill covering the third brake light.

I'll post pics of the Street scenes if your interested.
Thanks man, but that's ok. I've pretty much ruled out the CDC and Streetscene spoilers. They were among my favorite choices for a long time, but after finally seeing pics of their side profiles I changed my mind. I want something that gives a nice swayback profile to the car. They are both really good looking spoiler kits, but they're just not what I'm looking for.
Unless someone can prove to me that this RK Sport ducktail is top notch quality and worth the money, I will be going either with the Roush or Cervini ducktails.
Thanks again for all the input guys.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:53 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

The Roush or Cervini or good buys - IMO (although I think cervinis better represents the GT500 of old)
Old 03-11-2006, 02:58 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

The Roush or Cervini or good buys - IMO (although I think cervinis better represents the GT500 of old)
Yea, I agree. I'm just worried about the Cervini spoiler being a little too tall. Its just too hard to tell though from the pics I have seen. Also, I just noticed this: the Cervini spoiler looks like it may require the Cervini rear facia kit in order for the backend lines to match up. Take a look:

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/C38D8AF586954C7F84703F3180C987E1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-12-2006, 07:26 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

I should have pictures of the Cervini spoiler on 3/25 on my Screaming Yellow with flat black stripes.

Quick Reply: I think we have a winner...