Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad day

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 02:54 AM
mylilgt

Default Sad day

Left for work weather cloudy but not threating. Approx. 6:30 PM hail the size of eggs slams into the facility I work at. A Lt. gave me permission to check the damage. Well it looks like the armies of MORDOR marched across my hood, the roof faired much better as did the trunk lid still several dents in each panel. After the insurance co. has their say I'll hopefully get new hood the rest I believe can be gotten out by newer methods of dent removal. I may now go ahead and get a non stock hood so if anyone knows the mfg of a hood that has the front peak seen on 69-70 cars I would appreciate their address I saw the hood advertised once but can seem to locate it on any current sites. I will recover from this set back but I just think of all those that have lost everything in storms this last year it truly humbles me alot.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:10 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Sad day

That really sucks, any pictures?
Old 03-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

Damn freakin spring storms!
Good luck in the repairs
Old 03-13-2006, 02:47 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I am in the same boat as you. I was also thinking of going with a non-stock hood but decided to put back the factory hood. Why? RAM Air is only goo if you are drag racing or going speeds of 90+. There is a carbon fiber hood out there but decided against that one because after age and design, it could very easily crack. Thought about fiberglass but again after time the seams from underneath cuold show through. My insurance company told the body shop to use a USED hood that he found near by. I said what? The body shop was able to locate a brand new hood for the same price. Nice having connections.

Now you have to make the same decision that I did. What am I going to do mod now?

Sorry to hear about all those dents and dings. I have to get a new quarter panel and roof and that involve cutting and welding. (Dayum that doesn't sound too good.)

Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I don't know if it's just the media reporting the storms more but it seems like the weather is getting worse each year. I would recommend that if you live in an area that has hailstorms to park your car under cover on a regular basis. Or maybe there is a padded cover that can protect your Mustangs? Maybe throw a cheap sleeping bag or 2 under a car cover?
I just have a hard timing reading (and seeing) damage on our hot new cars!
Old 03-13-2006, 02:58 PM
351PONY
2nd Gear Member

Not to high-jack the thread, but since my stock hood is coming off this week (vista blue) if someone needs it let me know.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Man.... Mother nature is really starting to **** me off!

I missed this weekend stomres... left my baby in the garage where she belongs!

Sorry to hear that mylilgt.... I hope you get here fixed up quick!
Old 03-13-2006, 03:13 PM
tsaints1115
1st Gear Member

The hood your looking for is sold by Year One.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

Professor, I was wondering how you faired in the storms. I was totally thinking about you. We got the same line of storms here in the Chicago area but fortunatly I live in the North East part of the state of IL (North west suburb of Chicago). We had a ton of rain, but no hail. The south suburbs got creamed. My car has to live out side so I cringe every time they talk about severe storms.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:03 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

Yeah those aluminum hoods dent easy. Mine was actually dented by water pouring off a railroad bridge. No ice, just water pouring down from 30' or so. Looks like someone ran a f***ing jackhammer across my hood, except there's no damage to the paint.

Quick Reply: Sad day