Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hail Repair In Progress (UPDATE)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 10:27 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hail Repair In Progress

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

Blue and I had lunch before he took his car to the shop...

I will atest that the hail absolutely beat the crap out of his Mustang... it even broke the fiberglass side window cover.

DENTS EVERYWHERE!.. It almost made me cry!

I felt so bad for him!

Glad to see the project is moving forward.

Hey - - you could just leave all that stuff OFF... save weight for the track!
It is only about 15 pounds of stuff. Plastic and vinyl is very light. If you took off all your mods, I bet you would drop about 150 pounds.....j/k. Seriously PW, your car looks great and it is a one of a kind, only if we can get you to stripe it.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:52 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Update:

Just got back from the body shop and look what I have found........a new style vert!!!!! and it's my car...[:@]

They are replacing the passenger quarter panel because the PDR guy said he wouldn't be able to get all the dings out. I just hope my cousin in law knows what the hell he's doing. He does, he's been in the business a long time and he is good at what he does. He is the one in the black shirt. So far the total is up to about $9K
Old 03-16-2006, 04:21 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

sucks to be a mustang owner.... hope everything goes well..and thanks for the pictures actually i learned new stuff and most of all i didn't know that that top can be removed...
Old 03-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

Ok i have a question. If this is hail damage, why are so many of the inside panels removed? Am i missing something?
Old 03-16-2006, 05:52 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Moonbaby1973

Ok i have a question. If this is hail damage, why are so many of the inside panels removed? Am i missing something?
The door panels are off because we wanted to make it easier for the PDR guy to access the outer door skin. We wanted to get as much off the car so it wouldn't get damaged with the rest of the work. We had to take out the head liner so it wouldn't get cut when he cut the roof. The rest was to make for more easy access and when it goes in for paint, over spray won't get on the rest. Some parts are so easy to take off that it makes more sense to remove than to tape it up.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:56 PM
CarsandCigars
1st Gear Member

05BlueGT: I'm sorry you are going through all this......I know it's not fun. BTW, your cousin obviously knows what he's doing, he's got great tools in the shop.[sm=drooldude.gif]

Now I can see how CDC is going to do that glassback roof. That's going to be one expensive mod, if they ever make it.

Good luck on the repairs.................I'm lighting candles for you.[sm=grinangel.gif]
Old 03-16-2006, 07:07 PM
danalor
1st Gear Member

I remember those marbles, damn hail the same size, not surprised you took so much damage. Is your insurance covering everything for you or are they doing the act of God thing? Hope you get it back to specs soon.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:49 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

mother nature is a b*tch

anyways, looking good
Old 03-16-2006, 10:33 PM
stangman05
1st Gear Member

05blue My heart is broken to look at your car.Damn that thing is torn apart. Any ideahow long its gonna take.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:28 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

The insurance is covering all of it including the after market parts that I put on it. All I have to do is pay the deductable. Yep, the cousin in law is taking good care of me. I was thinking of going with the glass top but it is too expensive, $4K. It should be about another week and half to 2 weeks to get it back.

Quick Reply: Hail Repair In Progress (UPDATE)