Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bastards!

Old 03-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Big Red
2nd Gear Member

Default Bastards!

So yesterday I went to the Ford dealer to complain about my Skipper500 CD changer (yes I stole that from someone here, I dont know who, but haha, you just got beat.) because every time I make an mp3 CD it will only play like the first 25 tracks and everything after that it just skips like crazy and eventually spits the disk out and says Bad Disk. The guy in the service department there didnt even know what an mp3 was, he asked me if an mp3 is a Ford part or aftermarket... So anyways he told me to come back today and theyd replace it. So I went in on my lunch break today to get it replaced and the guy tells me that theyre going to take the radio out of my car and ship it off to get repaired so Id have no radio for like 2 weeks, GRAND! So I was like F that.

If you saw my post here a few days ago about my gas gague problem, where I was driving around with half a tank of gas, and suddenly my gague dropped down to empty and wouldnt go back up after repeated restarts until eventually I went to the gas station and put 6-7gallons in and then it said I was full. So I told the guy there about this and he says its because I left the keys in the ignition while you filled up, first off, I NEVER do that because around here if someone sees keys in an ignition, they steal the car, even if youre right there, and second, I hadnt refueled in like 4 days! Anyways they pissed me off, so Im not gonna go back there, unless I have to. Im starting a new job on the 27th a few towns over so Ill try the Ford dealer over there maybe and see if theyre any better. Anyways, just venting.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:39 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Bastards!

I have had similar experiences with Ford dealers. I wanted to burn the place down when I had my '03 LOL.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

Ya it's hard to find a reliable dealer! [&o]
Old 03-17-2006, 03:32 PM
scubie02

car dealers suck in general--if you ever find a good one, keep going back no mayter how far away you move.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:41 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I called mine today to see what Mods I could do without it affecting the warranty. I was told all I want as long as their Ford and nothing else. So I asked about simple stuff like a shock tower brace. I was told that would be ok and the K&N intake because they were the only ones who would help out if warrenty issues arise. I just think they are told to push Ford parts..
Old 03-17-2006, 04:13 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: W1ldcat

I called mine today to see what Mods I could do without it affecting the warranty. I was told all I want as long as their Ford and nothing else. So I asked about simple stuff like a shock tower brace. I was told that would be ok and the K&N intake because they were the only ones who would help out if warrenty issues arise. I just think they are told to push Ford parts..
there's a lot of questions about mods and warranties, i've asked a few myself.

i believe you can mod without voiding the warranty due to the magnuson act. ask around about it.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:41 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

I'm only 3rd skipper 1000. The 1st skipped on home burnt cds, the second skipped too and it finally jammed up (with 4 brand new cds in it!). So far my 3rd hasn't skipped yet...
They shouldn't fix and replace your unit. They pull it out and replace it. If you have cd's stuck like I did, they sent it back to Bu****ty, MI (or where ever the radio is built) and pull your cds. You get them back in like 2-3 weeks.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Big Red
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RetiredGeneral

I'm only 3rd skipper 1000. The 1st skipped on home burnt cds, the second skipped too and it finally jammed up (with 4 brand new cds in it!). So far my 3rd hasn't skipped yet...
They shouldn't fix and replace your unit. They pull it out and replace it. If you have cd's stuck like I did, they sent it back to Bu****ty, MI (or where ever the radio is built) and pull your cds. You get them back in like 2-3 weeks.
My CDs didnt get stuck, thhe mp3 ones just skip a whole hell of a lot, I dont care what they do to get it working, replace it or what, I just dont want to be driving in silence for 2 weeks, especially with a morning commute, I mean the engine sounds good, but not THAT good.