Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Invoice Price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Invoice Price?

dtown - They said that since my car hasn't been built yet, there is no invoice for it yet, and hence no x-plan price for it until the time it has an invoice. On my downpayment sheet it says: "price at time of delivery."

As I understand it from the FordPartners website, the dealer is required to provide a true copy of the factory invoice showing the X-Plan price on the line labeled "X-Plan" (located in the lower right hand corner) and that the dealer can't charge any additional fees.

So when the car is built and the invoive received, the true X-Plan price should be there in black & white, correct?
Old 03-26-2006, 02:33 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I placed my order back on 3/16/2006 and now that they have caught up on orders i was assured it would be here within 6-8 weeks and most arrive in 7 weeks. I know they had a huge problem with orders last year but that has long since past. I ordered a GT Premium pretty well loaded. No Shaker 1000 and no side air bags also stuck with the stock painted wheels and am paying 26,747 Dealer Cost So my out the door price with tax, lic, DMV fees will be 29k. When i began shopping for them early last year all of the GT's were overpriced by at a minimum um of 5k over MSRP No dealers would even talk to you unless you were willing to pay that. SO i waited and here i am now paying dealer cost. I got a copy of my order from with pricing on it.

Richard
Old 03-26-2006, 03:42 PM
dtown

Black GT - I'm not expert in this, but "price at time of delivery" makes me nervous. The X-plan price is calculable and known to the dealership upfront. Search the forums here for X-plan information. There's a FoMoCo computer printout called something or other that the dealership is supposed to give you when they X-plan price, even before invoice, and this is supposed to be the basis for the buyer's order. Maybe the dealer you went to won't screw around, but "price at time of delivery" and not letting you know the price upfront is really suspicious - there's no justification for it, according to what I know about X-plan. I think the chance that they will sandbag when the car comes is unfortunately high, e.g., giving you a false X-plan price, making up some excuse, saying they got another offer, tacking on hundreds or thousands of dollars of "prep," "advertising," "documentation," and "carrying" fees. You might try calling them and talking all this out (again, search the forums here and bone up on X-plan process and terminology - there's been some really good posts). Personally, I'd call them, explain why you're dissatisfied, and ask for your deposit back. You hold all the cards right now, even though demand is still high. There are a lot of honest, forthright Ford dealerships willing to take straight X-plan Mustang orders. Send out a dozen e-mails, you'll know in 2 hours who will and who will not take X-plan - there's got to be a straight shooter near you.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

dtown - I looked at the X-Plan FordPartner website, and there it states: "The Partner Recognition Program- X Plan customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer."

But now I wonder at what point in time is the vehicle "invoiced"? Is it when the vehicle is ordered, or when it is built and given a VIN number?

I think I'll have to call and find out a few things.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:10 PM
dtown

Black GT - let us know how it goes. I actually just talked to my buddy who works at Ford and from whom I got my X-plan PIN. He didn't know the answer, but he did say that dealerships are explicitly instructed to not provide X-plan if they cannot or to provide it and play strictly by the rules. He was disappointed that I had an initial experience with a fake X-plan quote. I said no problem and it just means I'll be that much more excited driving it off the lot for a good price in 6-8 weeks - hope it's the same with you.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

dtown - Sounds good. I'll let you guys know how it goes, and if anyone else has any x-plan experiences not posted here, please let us know.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:45 PM
scubie02

Everyone I know or have asked have said they were able to get a mustang for invoice or even below invice, without the x-plan or anything, but the three greedy local dealers in my area are all saying they want sticker to $1000 OVER STICKER for theirs. They are also lowballing on my trade bigtime, going on about Kelly Blue Book when Edmund's TMV daler trade is $5000 higher! My last three cars I have been able to trade them in and get either exactly or more than the Edmund's TMV, so I know their numbers are accurate. Man it pisses me off when dealers are this greedy. So now I'm looking to drive a couple hours out of the area probably to try to make a reasonable deal. I don't mind them making a profit, but come on, whatever happened to a REASONABLE profit.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:50 PM
FlaBlackhawk

I'm the inventory manager at a Ford store and purchasing a vehicle under the X-Plan pricing should be clean cut and simple. However, I know some dealers do try to fudge the numbers for their benefit. If you are picking a vehicle off the lot, just ask to see the X-Plan figure on the factory invoice. BTW...holdback and advertising fees from Ford are calculated into the X-Plan price.

If you are custom ordering a vehicle from the factory, the dealer has the option to request the X-Plan price from the ordering system when they quote you. If a dealer doesn't have the exact figure, it could simply mean the sales manager does not know how to order the vehicle and therefore does not have access to this number. He might be taking the order and passing it on to his inventory manager later.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:07 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FlaBlackhawk

I'm the inventory manager at a Ford store and purchasing a vehicle under the X-Plan pricing should be clean cut and simple. However, I know some dealers do try to fudge the numbers for their benefit. If you are picking a vehicle off the lot, just ask to see the X-Plan figure on the factory invoice. BTW...holdback and advertising fees from Ford are calculated into the X-Plan price.

If you are custom ordering a vehicle from the factory, the dealer has the option to request the X-Plan price from the ordering system when they quote you. If a dealer doesn't have the exact figure, it could simply mean the sales manager does not know how to order the vehicle and therefore does not have access to this number. He might be taking the order and passing it on to his inventory manager later.
And the destination charge is also included in the X-Plan price.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:19 PM
FlaBlackhawk

That is correct - destination and delivery is included. The only additional charges that should be paid are tax, title, tag, plus any accessories that might have been added by the dealership. However, you can negotiate the accessories if you want as they are not covered under the X-Plan Program.

Quick Reply: Invoice Price?