Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a 07 Shelby Gt 500 today

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ordered a 07 Shelby Gt 500 today

ORIGINAL: 05 mach 1

ORIGINAL: Wicked Pony

Good Luck and congrats! [sm=smiley32.gif]
Wicked pony

I just love the look of your car ! I had a 68 Gt when I was in High school in 1970 and your car looks so much like my very first car ! wish I still had my first car but I was young and dumb at the time , drove like a ........ well anyway I totaled it behind the back of a car who had just hit the back of a school bus ( no kids were hurt ) except me broke my chin on the way to the windsheld ( no seat belt ) Man things were a lot diverent back then.
Wow! Thanks, I'm glad you like it. My goal was to make it look like the 67-68 style. Thats why I put the emblems on that way. Cool I guess I achieved my goal.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Missy
1st Gear Member

When I ordered my car a few weeks ago, they told me that most likely FORD will be selling the Shelbys by the Market Value not the MSRP. The sales associate told me that the protype sold for $115K and that only 6000 will be made. He said the MSRP should be around $50K but since they will be going by market value it will be way higher.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

congrats my brother . When you get it please post some pictures. I bet the price isn't going to be as bad as you think. The only difference you will have a real muscle car not a over priced Roush.
ORIGINAL: 05 mach 1

I just wanted everyone to know that Ford has started taking orders as of this week on the gt500!
I have been buying cars and trucks ( business and personal ) for the last 18 years from the same dealer and the same salesman . Last year I was able to get one of the first 05 Mustangs
( thats the one I had customized into a mach 1 that I have posted several times on this forum )
and last Saturday we were able to get order info . So today I met with the owner of the dealership and he ordered two cars mine is going to be Tugsten Gray with silver stripes , and the other one is going to be Vista Blue with white stipes . Only three options are being offered as following :Premium interior Trim Package ( Code 68S ) , Shaker 1000 Audio ( code 918 ) and Sirius satellite radio ( code 50S ) I ordered all three . There was one other option which was to delete all stripes ( code 52S ) ( I do not know who would do that ! ) any way thats the story .......... OH I forgot everyone probably wants to know How Much ? Well thats still a mystery in the making . We were able to order the two cars but no price was given . So it looks like when it arrives this fall I will be at the dealers' mercy . I just hope that all the money I have spent there in the last 18 years will be considered . Anyway It still beats 150K for an original 60's car . And If they decide to run the car for only one or two years, then what ?
05 Mach
Old 03-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

geez sounds like you need a corvette. Please stop stinking up this thread.
ORIGINAL: 5xStang

ORIGINAL: Hufenstang

id rather have a new z06, but thats just my opinion =\
The Z06 is a great car, and will likely beat a GT500 in many performance tests, but there are several drawbacks for many buyers. Only two seats vs. the mustangs 4. If you don't care about that, then it doesn't matter.

Also, the Z06 is only available as a hardtop without a removable roof. The GT500 will be available as a convertible.

All of the other usual "Ford vs. Chevy" and antivette/antimustang arguments apply.

The Z06 will definitely be a better track/race car, the GT500 will likely be a better daily driver.

I would bet high markups on the GT500's. If the dealer is such a good friend I hope that you at least agreed to MSRP or at least a fixed percentage above MSRP? If there is no agreed price then in most states you have no contract and you are free to walk away, though you may have to threaten legal action to get you deposit back.....

Good luck, and keep us posted.

PS: For a good chuckle go over to eBay and do a search on "2007 GT500"
Old 03-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

i dont need a vette, i own 2 mustangs.. and i love them, but i personally couldnt justify spending 70k for a Brand New mustang, if it was an old classic mustang.. now thats a different story.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

And what makes a corvette so damn special? I love Mustangs and always will and if I could afford one like Mach 1 I would do so. We can't all be the same. Personally I can justified buying a Corvette. GM totally blew that model to hell. The only real corvettes I remember were in the 60s'. Did you expect me to kiss your *** for insulting us Mustang fans?
Old 03-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

i dont really see anywhere in my post that i have insulted a mustang fan, especially since i own 2. No we cant all be the same, look at mach's car that he had re done, it quite simply put.. looks amazing absolutely love the detail he put into it, and as for him getting the new gt500 i think thats great, im just hoping he doesnt have to pay 70K+ for a mustang which is supposed to be a car made for the average individual for an average income, while corvettes are not made for the average everyday joe, and i would personally hate to see ford take off with this and try and put mustangs in the corvette, viper league and completely over price a car so many of us love to drive.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

This is what I read. I don't care how many horses the vette has because it will never be as good looking and sexy as the Mustang. The price I think will be fair and it isn't the everyday Mustang anyway, it's a Shelby Cobra. This is the model that hasn't happen in years and I predict it to be big, very big.

id rather have a new z06, but thats just my opinion =\
Old 03-18-2006, 07:03 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

If the stripes were vinyl I wouldn't want them anyway; not sure why they would offer 'stripe delete' but I'll tell you ....w/o stripes you would 'have folks lookin and wondering' and with that unique option pick, you've got somethin even more rare than even the limited build allocation. What if there were less than 10 built w/o stripes... hmmm... now you'd be thinking about it... I would likely go no stripes; Shelby's won't be modified like our GT's and to have a car that is identical right down to the last option as other guys (at car shows, cruise nights., etc) ... ahh... been there. Not as much fun; and fun is what's it's all about!!! I was really thinking 06 C6 conv but there's little you can do to be distinctive and for 1/2 the money you can be as creative as you want with the 05-06 GT; as folks are showing everywhere. It's a blast; when was the last time a car came out and this was happening?
Old 03-19-2006, 04:04 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

i dont really see anywhere in my post that i have insulted a mustang fan, especially since i own 2.

Don't sweat it man. I'm a huge mustang fan, but I too appreciate the corvette. In fact, I would take a new z06 corvette over a GT500 anyday-- it looks 100000x better to me and it's got the power of the GT500 too. I don't think you were trying to insult anyone, you were just putting the info out there. If anyone truly felt angry about your post, they need to get their panties out of a twist and chill out. It's the freakin internet, people don't get that I guess.

Anyways, congrats to whomever ordered their cobra... I hope the dealers don't do too much of a number on ya all.

Quick Reply: Ordered a 07 Shelby Gt 500 today