Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerdyne Supercharger -- opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 09:53 PM
aTm

Default Powerdyne Supercharger -- opinions?

Hi All

I'll be buying an 06 or 07 GT sometime in the next year-year and a half and I'm looking for opinions on Powerdyne superchargers. I checked the sticky about superchargers to see that there have been a few installs (from one poster) that give ~400 rwhp, which is exactly what I'm after.

Now, Powerdynes are cheap when compared to others -- ~2500 vs 4k-5k, but I'm not looking to really race or take it to the track, I would just like a daily driver that's significantly faster than stock without going through 8+ separate mods (intake, gears, pulleys, etc etc etc). I've read some reviews about older Powerdynes having problems, quality control, not coming with all the necessary components, etc...but to be honest I don't NEED a vortech, procharger, or saleen capable of putting out 450-550 hp, so I'll gladly deal with some (what I consider) minor issues/repairs if it saves me 2k up front.

But perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way and should just drop the 4-5k and get a proven product, but it seems like it would be such a waste to drop 5k and keep it ~5-7 psi.

Please let me know if anyone has any opinions/experience with Powerdyne superchargers, preferably for the 05-06 or just in general.

And as a sidenote, anyone know of a good custom tuner in Chicago area? Preferably NW burbs?
Old 03-18-2006, 11:27 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Powerdyne Supercharger -- opinions?

I too am interested in the Powerdyne, the price is hard to beat. Lately I have been leaning towards a Saleen supercharger.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I was looking at the Powerdyne as well (V6 version). I got a copy of the instructions, and they are really weak. Perhaps what I got was preliminary, but bad instructions was enough to turn me away from that one as an option. Well, that and the fact that there is NO info on the system. I did a search on the 'net and couldn't find anyone that was running one. One of the good features of the system is the SC is a sealed unit, it only requires maintenance every 75k miles.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:14 PM
sidmanic
2nd Gear Member

Doesn't look like you can swap out pullies if you want more boost later on (we always want more boost). That would be a deciding factor for me.