Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:40 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Suspension Setup?

ORIGINAL: nothsa

RICVA, where did you purchase your Sportlines along with the struts and dampers and panhard items? I really appreciate all the comments so far, thanks guys.

I got my Tokico's and Sports from http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...namicIndex.asp but everything else comes from BMR check out the link I previously gave you for BMR I just ordered my Lower control arms and LCA relocation brackets from them they do make some awesome products. You might want to also get a upper panhard support from them .
Old 03-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

nothsa,

It all looks solid. From the look of things you are interested in maxing out your handling (as opposed to drag strip launching). If that's correct, you might want to consider Lakewood's new Watt's Link instead of upgrading your panhard bar. A Watt's link is superior in design to a panhard bar (not that a well done panhard can't handle extremely well), and I've gotten at least one review of their unit that speaks very highly of it and as a significant improvement over the adjustable panhard the guy ran before. Cost is an issue, as they are supposed to be in the $400 range.

Best,
-j
Old 03-20-2006, 12:44 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I'm going more toward track performance.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:13 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I think I might actually have to go with the prokit, due to the fact that my driveway is very steep. Its probably at a thirty degree angle or more, do you think this would be a problem? With my last car that was lowered the cv joints kept breaking on the side that took all the pressure.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:33 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

I think I might actually have to go with the prokit, due to the fact that my driveway is very steep. Its probably at a thirty degree angle or more, do you think this would be a problem? With my last car that was lowered the cv joints kept breaking on the side that took all the pressure.
if you get a prokit, get bigger rims haha. yes you will probly scrape a little bit in a driveway that steep if you are not very good at going in sideways with sportlines
Old 03-20-2006, 04:01 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Gosh, these decisions are so hard. I'm already looking into my next decision with my H-pipe or X-pipe and cannot come to a conclusion. This is too hard!!! I have PMed a few people that know about set-ups and they don't respond. I'm not sure if they dont feel like responding to a PM because it is not a thread or what, but I guess i'll stick to threads.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:20 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

the descions can be tough that is for sure, but i believe what you have chosen to go with suspension wise sounds great and i dont think you would regret it one bit.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:26 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

This is what my conclusion is now although I may have some problems with clearance levels into my driveway. I chose to go with the following: Eibach Sportlines, Tokico D-Spec struts and dampers, along with BMR rear panhard bar. I then in the future(before I turn eighteen(when I can go to the track) which will be in a few months i'll be adding BMR control arms to eliminate that wonderful wheel hop. Now in my spare time i'm going to be on here searching for the best exhaust combination to go with my Borla CatBack system. I will probably be going with JBA L/Ts along with their O/R H-pipe.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:29 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

ive got that exhaust setup basically, except i run high flow cats h pipe, and i have borla axlebacks, really like it all so far no complaints.. getting a custom dyno tune this next weekend im looking forward to it
Old 03-20-2006, 04:39 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Do you have a GT also? How does it sound, I am trying to get my car to sound a little meaner and my CAI/Tuner will be here on Wednesday and i'll of course put that in right away. I'm looking forward to doing my headers and H-pipe during early late April early May.

Quick Reply: Suspension Setup?