Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:48 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default Suspension Setup?

I plan on doing something with my suspension mid next month, as I should have about $1,000 to spend by then. I want to make sure this would be a good setup and thought there would be no better place to find out then MustangForums! Anyways I have the following planned: 'Eibach Sportlines' along with 'Tokico D-Spec struts and dampers' and a 'panhard bar' most likely by Steeda but need a few more tips on that. I am doing this for ultimate performance at the track and want to make sure this is a good setup. I have all the mods listed in my signature and have a lot more coming after this suspension work is done.

I appreciate all comments!
Old 03-19-2006, 11:55 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Suspension Setup?

you setup sounds good!!

i just did my eibach pros today! im friggen impressed! with the pro kit alone your cutting it close for the speed bumps, with the sportline youll definatly have to find another route
Old 03-19-2006, 11:58 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I am aware of that although Fred of Evolution Performance said he has had no problems with speedbumps with his. I'm sure he may of exagerated a bit, but I feel I am prepared to take the punch and go for it.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

the first thing i would ever recommened in a suspension setup would be new rear lower control arms... because the wheel hop with the stock control arms just plain sucks.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:14 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

bump <dont forget me please>
Old 03-20-2006, 12:19 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

you setup sounds good!!

i just did my eibach pros today! im friggen impressed! with the pro kit alone your cutting it close for the speed bumps, with the sportline youll definatly have to find another route

Speed bumps with the Sports are no problem you just can't go flying over them and you do have to be careful pulling into parking spots. You are going with a good set up you should also at http://www.bmrfabrication.com/2005Mustang.htm for a rear panhard rod. In the future you should look at getting a good set lower control arms as already pointed out BMR also makes them.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:20 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

heres the suspension setup on mine,

steeda g-trac brace
steeda adjustable panhard bar
steeda sport springs
steeda lower control arms
tokico D-spec shocks and struts

im not saying to go out and get this same stuff, but i love the way my car rides and handles now, and if you plan to drag get control arms! honestly i look at all of spyders stuff and what he has done and i wish i would have done suspension before i did power, suspension makes or breaks a good 1/4 time on these cars but thats my opinion.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:23 AM
pgonz

I got the eibach pro kit put on this weekend and it is awesome. I have 20 inch wheels and the combo is perfect. Any lower and I would be rubbing. Also the car comes with a good suspension and with the kit it handles very well.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:27 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

RICVA, where did you purchase your Sportlines along with the struts and dampers and panhard items? I really appreciate all the comments so far, thanks guys.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:29 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

I plan on doing something with my suspension mid next month, as I should have about $1,000 to spend by then. I want to make sure this would be a good setup and thought there would be no better place to find out then MustangForums! Anyways I have the following planned: 'Eibach Sportlines' along with 'Tokico D-Spec struts and dampers' and a 'panhard bar' most likely by Steeda but need a few more tips on that. I am doing this for ultimate performance at the track and want to make sure this is a good setup. I have all the mods listed in my signature and have a lot more coming after this suspension work is done.

I appreciate all comments!
i went with sportlines and LOVE THEM...tho you will also need caster/camber plates if you drop it 2in! I see no reason not to get the eibach struts and dampers that are designed to go with the sportlines...? get LCAs and LCA relocation brackets if you plan to run at the track. get eibach sways (best bang for buck, period, end of story haha) if you plan to take corners extra fast. adj panhard rod from BMR was one of the best investments ive made (got rid of some aweful noises).

if you feel like saving some money over steeda parts, check out www.bmrfabrication.com, i can assure you that no one on this site has been unhappy with their basic suspension products

Quick Reply: Suspension Setup?