Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scratched... need touch up paint.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 11:27 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default Scratched... need touch up paint.

My damn mom... Ok, my dad told me to back up my car onto the left side of the parking lot as I'm the only one in the family other than him that knows how to reverse park well. So today, a fairly rainy CA night, I come home from class and start to back in.. then I hear this dink/clunk. *Expletive* Get out, walk around to the right side, and see a nice 6" gash in my brand new bumper (just swapped to GT bumpers not even 3 weeks ago). What caused it? This damn hummingbird feeder piece of **** my mom put there... Litte **** is made out of METAL! The rod itself isn't what I hit, metal leaves that branch off of it I scrapped. Perfect, it's shaped and looks like a plant, placed in a little plant itself, it's thinner than a plant, and it was a rainy dark night...

*expletive* I have terrible luck. [:@]

So.... where can I get touch up paint?
Old 03-20-2006, 11:33 PM
0to60
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Scratched... need touch up paint.

Try www.paintscratch.com

Sorry to hear about the scratch, especially since you just switched to the GT bumpers...

Tim
Old 03-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

Or Automotive Touchup. Just give them the paint code and put in your order. I'd recommend the entire kit that comes with the primer and clear coat as well. They offer it in easy to use touch-tip applicator pens. Good Product and Fast Service!!

Sorry about the FUBAR!!

Cheers
Old 03-20-2006, 11:39 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Thanks... can't believe her. And she had the nerve to come outside and get mad at me! [:@]

$25.00 down the drain so damn hummingbirds wouldn't starve. [>:]
Old 03-20-2006, 11:55 PM
canes44
1st Gear Member

If you call the dealer where you purchased your stang they will order it for you directly from ford.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:05 AM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

^ that could be costly. Go through paintscratch and get the clearcoat pen to go over the paint. I did that with a scratch I had and it was very simple.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:47 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Thats terrible, happened to me with my first car a similar situation.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:23 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Research around and get the best most complete care kit you can find. Do not do take a bottle of color like from a dealer or auto parts store and use that. It will look like ***. Question, did it just scratch the clear or did it hit the base color and possibly primer as well. If it's only clear, then a shop will simply airbrush in some clear and sand/buff to a beautiful repair; won't cost much (if you can find a shop to do a small job; but they earn a customer and you may be back) You can try one of the new kits, then a detail shop can sand in 2000 grit and buff when you have your car done next. ...good luck, sorry... ...Jim
Old 03-21-2006, 11:35 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

I am sorry you scratched your car, hopefully you can touch it up without too much trouble. But, can you do the members of this forum a favor and chill on the GD many people are offended by that phrase and it's not suitable for young members and those at work in addition to being against site rules.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:03 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

I am sorry you scratched your car, hopefully you can touch it up without too much trouble. But, can you do the members of this forum a favor and chill on the GD many people are offended by that phrase and it's not suitable for young members and those at work in addition to being against site rules.
Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Edited.

The scratch doesn't seem to be deep. I can run my finger over it, and barely feel it. Hopefully the paint pens will cover it up nicely.

Quick Reply: Scratched... need touch up paint.