Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MRT Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 03:48 PM
PonyUp
1st Gear Member

Default MRT Exhaust

All I can say is, thank you all for the input on exhaust options. I went with the MRT single exhaust for my V6. I got it UPS today, and had the local "midis" shop install it. They were curious about the look of it, but had it in about 20 minutes later. When they started it up, the whole garage vibrated and everyone was smiling! The sound that resonates from it is unbeleivable! At higher RPM's the car sounds similar to a Ferrari or something but thats my opionon. It does not sound like a Honda or anything like that. if anyone is looking for the right exhaust, give MRT a look, you will not be dissapointed!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:06 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MRT Exhaust

Can you post a recording of it?
Old 03-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

Can you post a recording of it?
www.traken.net/projectm/mrt-axleback.wmv

The recording isn't that great, but it gives an ok glimpse into the sound. It's much deeper in person. Heck, you're rather close, if you'd like to hear it in person sometime, let me know.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:25 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Sounds pretty good! I'm open to hear it, I can sow you the sequentials I installed on both Mustang's and the new MAC's, which have already pissed off one neighbor.....
Old 03-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

Sounds pretty good! I'm open to hear it, I can sow you the sequentials I installed on both Mustang's and the new MAC's, which have already pissed off one neighbor.....
lol... Pissed 'em off already? Must mean they're good. ;D

The Chicago Mustang Club is having a little g2g at the Beef Villa in South Elgin this Sunday at 3pm. I could show you there, if you like.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:35 PM
MattyJ
2nd Gear Member

I'm thinkin about getting a new exhaust for my V6 and I'm trying to decide which one. Is the one you got the MRT AeroTurbine axle back exhaust?
Old 03-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MattyJ

I'm thinkin about getting a new exhaust for my V6 and I'm trying to decide which one. Is the one you got the MRT AeroTurbine axle back exhaust?
Yep.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:40 PM
MattyJ
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, it looks pretty sweet and that video seems to have sold me on it. I know you brought it to Midas to get it installed, but has anyone installed one of these on their own? It looks like it should be pretty simple but I just want to know if there were any surprises.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:41 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Traken

lol... Pissed 'em off already? Must mean they're good. ;D

The Chicago Mustang Club is having a little g2g at the Beef Villa in South Elgin this Sunday at 3pm. I could show you there, if you like.
I live a mile south of that Beef Villa, see you then!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MattyJ

Yeah, it looks pretty sweet and that video seems to have sold me on it. I know you brought it to Midas to get it installed, but has anyone installed one of these on their own? It looks like it should be pretty simple but I just want to know if there were any surprises.
Actually, I did my own. PonyUp took his to Midas.

It's pretty straight forward to put on. The stock muffler has 3 hangers, one of which is a particular PITA to get off, but once it's off, you should be good to go. The MRT only uses the other 2 hanger locations.

The MRT was a little snug to get on over the existing pipe and it took a fair bit of elbow grease, but overall it was a simple install.

Quick Reply: MRT Exhaust