Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT2/JLTII Evolution combo

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 06:50 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Default SCT2/JLTII Evolution combo

Howdy all. I just recieved my combo from Evolution Performance and have a few questions. I told Fred the mods I have that would effect my tunes, being 4.10 gears, and my 275/40/18 tires. Will the tunes take care of the speedo corretions, or will I have to go in and make them myself? If I have to, how difficult is the process?? I have not hooked it up yet, so I have no clue, lol. Also, the instuctions say to disconnect the battery and fuel pump. Is this necessary?? Basically I want to know how easy/hard it is to navigate through the SCT2, as I will also want to turn the TC off permenantly. Thanks guys!!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SCT2/JLTII Evolution combo

As far as I know there is no "known" way to turn the TCS off permenantly...it's been rumored there's a way but 3 different tune shops have told me they don't have a way to do it. The tuner is easy enough to navigate through, but I haven't attempted to change anything major...just plugged it in and installed the 93 tune. If I'm going to make any changes I'll take it to a dyno and get it custom tuned to get the most hp/torque, etc...

I did not disconnect battery or fuel pump to install the combo and everything worked fine.

If you told Fred your current mods, I would hope that the setup takes that into account but not having those mods myself, I'm not too sure...someone else more knowledgeable with those mods will have to step in on that question.

Hope this helps a bit...good luck, the install should be a piece of cake.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Evolution Performance
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: STANMAN

Howdy all. I just recieved my combo from Evolution Motorsports and have a few questions. I told Fred the mods I have that would effect my tunes, being 4.10 gears, and my 275/40/18 tires. Will the tunes take care of the speedo corretions, or will I have to go in and make them myself? If I have to, how difficult is the process?? I have not hooked it up yet, so I have no clue, lol. Also, the instuctions say to disconnect the battery and fuel pump. Is this necessary?? Basically I want to know how easy/hard it is to navigate through the SCT2, as I will also want to turn the TC off permenantly. Thanks guys!!!!
Hey, I just tried calling you! Answer your phone!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:29 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Rezalien

As far as I know there is no "known" way to turn the TCS off permenantly...it's been rumored there's a way but 3 different tune shops have told me they don't have a way to do it. The tuner is easy enough to navigate through, but I haven't attempted to change anything major...just plugged it in and installed the 93 tune. If I'm going to make any changes I'll take it to a dyno and get it custom tuned to get the most hp/torque, etc...

I did not disconnect battery or fuel pump to install the combo and everything worked fine.

If you told Fred your current mods, I would hope that the setup takes that into account but not having those mods myself, I'm not too sure...someone else more knowledgeable with those mods will have to step in on that question.

Hope this helps a bit...good luck, the install should be a piece of cake.

I can't comment on the SCT, but I have TC permanently off all the time through the predator. I have that annoying little 'swervy car' warning light on all the time but TC is always off.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:42 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Just got off the phone with Fred. He monitors this forum regularly it seems, that provides awesome customer service!!! I would recommend Evolution Performance just on the service alone!!! I will post when I get it all hooked up and test drive it. He also made me a custom race gas tune, which I will report on after my first time at the track (the only place they sell race gas in WI).
Old 03-22-2006, 10:39 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Evolution Performance is nothing but QUALITY when it comes to performance, support, and overall with great products. I cannot stress enough how great Fred is and how helpful he is.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Speedeamon
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Evolution Performance is nothing but QUALITY when it comes to performance, support, and overall with great products. I cannot stress enough how great Fred is and how helpful he is.

Ditto That, Like i said when i first posted my topic on breenspeed tune Vs EvolutionPerformance, We have nothing to gain by saying this but the spreading the goodknowledge we gained from testing his tune and service and price to others. I will be ordering all my mods and extras from fred Because honestly service is amazing and his prices are unbeatable and his tunes are mad performance. Hes always monitoring the forums and helping people and going out of his way to handle both his business and being on this forum at the same time helping and offering his service none of the other competitors have been doing this that i know of.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:05 AM
Evolution Performance
Former Sponsor

Here is a cool video I threw together earlier tonight!

Evolution Performance, Inc - 2005 Mustang GT Right Click Save Target As