Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interiors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default interiors?

alright, well ive been having second thoughs about the interior i have now....... is there a place i could go to get my interior redone with highquality material and such? i mean like right now its a grayish colour but i was wondering if theres away i can get it to the way they have the black interior/red leather combo thing? if not just all black?
Old 03-26-2006, 12:28 AM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: interiors?

The Black/Red int like the way it comes from Ford?

If so maybe from a wrecked stang you could find one,God knows I have seen enough of them.

Other then that going to a shop that does inter work would be able to do it but would cost alot of money,or you could just get some inter dye and do it,theres a link in the forums I seen that has about 2 or 3 diffrent companys that make it.

If your going to dye it you might want to buy a used seat or door panel form a wrecked stang and pay around with that first,that way any mistake is no big deal,some dye's you can mix to get the color you want or have it made,one thing you want to do is if you get a test panel or seat make shure it is the same Material as yours,leather from Chevy might be diffrent then Ford ect ect.

CrimeScene
Old 03-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

do you know of any good companies that are known for interior work (and prices)? i think i would defiently look into finding the interior of a wrecked stang
Old 03-26-2006, 01:38 AM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

I only know of one and it's in Lancaster PA,thats my area,but they need the car.

You could call around to some body shops in your area they should know. Or do a net search.It is going to cost some money,alot of it.

This is what I would do if I wanted the red/black int,find the cost of getting it from Ford,then the cost from a wrecking yard,cost of having someone do it,then what it would cost to trade your stang in for one with it,it might be cheaper to be honest.

Salvaged yard search---http://www.yardquest.com/

One other thing you could do is and this sounds a bit weird but you could buy some leather, dye it and trim to fit you door panels or were ever you need to put it and glue it on,dying it is easy I have done it and buy adding optical brightner it glows under black light,did it on a Jeep.
Contact a leather shop for the leather they might be able to dye it for ya also,you need glue that works with leather also.

I have done leather int for some buddys and one thing I have done was rather then having it just flat was put some rippels in it.

Look around at after market seat covers,there is alot out there and in leather find your color and do your panels that way,one thing with the covers ,if you have a leather seat already do not forget to take care of it or it will crack after time.

I an help ya look around for the stuff on the net but I need to know what you have dicided to do,if your going to spend the time and money on this why not do something ather then black/red,be diffrent but up to you.

leather seat covers-http://www.autoaccessoriesrusfl.com/

CrimeScene
Old 03-26-2006, 11:12 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

do you know of any good companies that are known for interior work (and prices)? i think i would defiently look into finding the interior of a wrecked stang
Look in your yellow pages for auto upholstery shops, and pay them a visit. Look at what they have in the shop and look at their work. There is a guy here locally in Indy that is HIGHLY reputable, and a lot of dealers send customer to him for repairs. I've been there and seen classic cars, street rods, and even Lambos and Ferraris being customized. You need to find somebody like that. But beware, if you want to CUSTOMIZE your interior it won't be cheap if you want it done right [&:]
Old 03-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

+1 on the "it ain't gonna be cheap" from a professional.

There's a similar guy here in Chicago--real old-school pro, does lots of custom hot rods, lambos, etc. Super nice guy--he'll talk your ear off. Then he latches onto your jugular vein and sucks your kids college savings from you! That is, of course, if you let him.

Get quotes. Get options. Brace yourself.

Best,
-j
Old 03-26-2006, 02:13 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Here you go try this place they have some new stuff out for the new Mustangs. Look on the front page of the site if this link doesnt take you to the correct page. Off to the right you should see something that say Creat your new Mustang Leather.

http://www.autoleathers.com/HTML2/AL.MAIN.FS.html

Richard
Old 03-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Badash
1st Gear Member

Try ebay if you want actual seats. I got an entire black seat cover set for 99 bucks. Which I am the process of swapping out with my tan interior.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:30 PM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

Here is a site I came arcoss for dys,they seem to be pretty good,there is one guy who sent in picts,I emailed him and got some close ups,real nice job.

Best dyes I have seen yet,I would be wery of any kit that you just spray on for what you want to do.

I might order from them,depends if I can get a color sample or not,worse comes to worse I order a blue kit and take a trip to a yard for an 05 door panel to test it out before I use it on my car.

http://www.metropartsmarket.com/cata...ldye-c5s1.html

CrimeScene