Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You gotta just laugh

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:45 PM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

Default You gotta just laugh

I buy alot form E-bay and have for years now,so I am looking at some 05-06 Stangs and man alot of the sellers are as crooked as a tree branch,there trying to sell Used 05-06 Stangs for the same price as a New one with every option minus the 5000 shaker system.

I don't know who is more stupid the seller or someone who pays 28 to 30 grang for a used 05 stang with some options,when for the same price you could buy a new one with everything,I could maybe understand if it was modded with a supercharger or a body kit but these have nothing but how it came from the factory.

I called a few on it and they have all kinds of some funny reasons,mostly I just tell them to "stop lying to make freinds".

CrimeScene
Old 03-27-2006, 01:08 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: You gotta just laugh

Right, but some people want the '05 because it is the first year of the new production style.. From what I hear the '05 will hold value a little better than an '06
Old 03-27-2006, 03:56 PM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

Ya but to hold it's value that would mean as little miles as possable,I will never understand people buying a car and never driving it,I mean I see alot of the 2000 to2004 cobra's being sold with very litte mileage on them and under 15k mileage is the norm for around 25 to 30 grand,why buy it if your not going to drive it,what do they do sit or stand around in the drive way with there buddys every weekend looking at it and all saying "yep" over and over againe?

That and I see people packing away first model years and last model years and not holding any value at all.

Me myself I think the days are over when cars double in price as time goes on,unless your going into exotic cars,even then it is a big hit or miss anymore.

I plan on making mine a daily driver,I don't put alot of miles on,hell I got an 87 F-150 with 90,000 on it and I bougt it new,if I had an aston martin It would be a daily driver.

No offence to you rich people out there but if you have the need to **** away money you can send me a monthly check,I retain value very well.

Anywho you can still buy a 05 NEW for the same price as some of theses guys are selling USED for.

CrimeScene
Old 03-27-2006, 05:24 PM
ss
2nd Gear Member

Don't be so quick to put down those people who are making your car into a classic. You should be pleased that people are willing to pay more for your car than you did new. It makes me tremendously proud that I have something so valuable.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Agreed! Wait until you OWN a Mustang. Will you still be complaining about how high used prices are???
I figure this is America and people have the right to sell anything for whatever they think they can get for it. It could be these sellers have seen used Mustangs going for the same price as new ones in their area. Have you forgotten how hard it was to even find a Mustang GT last year?
And if you just want a handout from people who have more $$$... there are several Communist countries still out there, Comrade! ;-)
Old 03-27-2006, 07:15 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I wanted an 05 and looked all over, but wasn't willing to pay over sticker. I then ordered my 06 because I wanted a Vert anyway and waited. Well worth it too.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:48 PM
SK3055
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Have you forgotten how hard it was to even find a Mustang GT last year?
Yeah it def was. Being a year later, it's obviously a whole lot easier to find them now - I just got an 06 and bought it right off a lot. And there were plenty to choose from. It's still a very hot car tho... I hope they don't continue this style for too long, it's fun to have a car that not too many people own haha.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:23 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

just trying to make a profit, hell id do it and do, if someone is willing to pay what you ask more power to you!!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:24 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

NOTE:: Value is only equal to what someone will actually fork up for it...
Old 03-28-2006, 02:50 AM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SK3055

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Have you forgotten how hard it was to even find a Mustang GT last year?
Yeah it def was. Being a year later, it's obviously a whole lot easier to find them now - I just got an 06 and bought it right off a lot. And there were plenty to choose from. It's still a very hot car tho... I hope they don't continue this style for too long, it's fun to have a car that not too many people own haha.

I think that depends on where you live..?? all they had for the most part where I live was convertibles.. ( convertibles are fine if you live in a area that you can appreciate the car ) but where I live.. it is either A/C or the heater 90% of the year..I had to wait 3 months for my 06 tang.. to get everything I wanted.. and if I am going to spend that kind of money .. then I want everything that I want on it.. lol
Just my two cents worth..

Rex

Quick Reply: You gotta just laugh