Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attn: Lowered Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 11:56 PM
grafix66
1st Gear Member

Default Attn: Lowered Mustangs

So, I installed my Eibach Pro Kit on my 2005 Mustang today and put on 20" rims and tires. I take a look from behind and notice that the tire on the driver's side rear sticks out past the rear wheel well about a half inch. Look at the other side and the tire is inside the wheel well a half inch! It seems the axle is skewed towards the drivers side somehow. I double checked the rear spacing on the wheels to make sure they were the same and everything measures up. So...what happened? Has anyone else noticed this after lowering your mustang and do you know a fix?
On another note, the tires are larger than stock and I have to set the Revs per mile on my SCT tuner. Are the RPMs based on the size of the rear tires or the front tires? Thanks!
Old 04-01-2006, 12:00 AM
DUSTI
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Attn: Lowered Mustangs

Graffix,
I had the VERY SAME thing done today (20's and Eibachs that is) but
didn't notice the problem you're having .

DID you get the wheel alignment done AFTER the spring installation ?

What kinda tires you got in the rear ? I got 275/35/20 and it seems to
be o.k.

DUSTI
Old 04-01-2006, 12:01 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

You need an adjustable pan hard rod to recenter the rear axle. Every lowered S197 does this. You just happened to notice it more because of your tire/wheel combo. Get one from BMR your problem will be solved.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:03 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I have the same thing coming on Tuesday, the only difference is I have eighteens and mines coming with an Alignment Kit. Hope everything works out for the best with it. The Alignement Kit is only thirty dollars and hopefully is worth it.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:56 AM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

Since someone answered your question, and while we're talking lowering...

Do any of you guys with lowered stangs have Headers??? I'm curious because after I installed mine, the headers are REALLY close to the ground, and I haven't lowered mine... any problems out there?
Old 04-01-2006, 02:18 AM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

I have the pro-kit and damper kit on my 2005 Gt. I also have the JBA headers installed(cat4 shorty) even with the Steeda motor mounts I still get the headers hitting the fender well frame the my passengers side on a hard left turn.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:19 AM
Badash
1st Gear Member

I havnt lowered my mustang, yet when i put on my new rims and tires I had the same issue.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:26 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I hope I don't run into problems with my headers scraping, I just ordered my Eibach Pro Kit Springs along with my Hooker X-Pipe. My Hooker L/T Headers will be ordered sometime next month. Anyone have this setup with the Hooker L/T headers, they are supposed to have the same clearance as the stock headers.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:26 AM
grafix66
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the reply. The panhard rod may be the way to go. I'll call Eibach and see what they have to say, as well. BTW, after installing the Eibachs on a mobile floor lift and setting it down, There wasn't enough clearance to back the car off!. I had to grab some planks and lower it onto them and then back the car off on the planks. Just a heads up to anyone out there. The car looks great, though.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:18 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Agree with Hawgman: I used BMR adj panhard and easily aligned to within an 1/8", one side vs. the other.

Quick Reply: Attn: Lowered Mustangs