Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is for the tinters

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 11:54 PM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: This is for the tinters

$140 Total for the door windows and back glass
Old 04-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

$110.00 all around 35% lifetime warranty. Shop around
Old 04-05-2006, 02:10 AM
me2003

you guys are lucky to be able to tint the front side windows. I wish i could tint them but in ab, canada the cops have recenty buckled down on this and they pull you over and make u rip the tint off. I had it happen to me it sucks.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:36 AM
RedFireChik
1st Gear Member

If you take your car to Ford and complain about the window scratching, that is covered under warranty. Been there, Done that.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:14 AM
stangmomasc
2nd Gear Member

When we bought the GT a couple of weeks ago we talked to the dealer about the problem with the 05 doing that. They said that they could fix it but we had to wait and see if the new car has the problem. So I am having the windows tinted today, the tint guy said he would prefer Ford fix the problem if it happens and he would replace the tint free of charge if it does happen. So its like wait and see and if it does then what a mess.........They are charging me 150 for front, side and back with the scratch, bubble ect guarantee....
Old 04-05-2006, 12:47 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

Regarding the laws, I live in DC, so I am in and out of both VA and MD a lot. I don't what the restrictions are off hand, but I know they are different for all 3. If I were to get it to meet laws into one, but it broke laws in another and I were to drive into that state, can I now be given a ticket specifically for that, or would it be like those extra things, like you can only get a ticket for a passanger without a safety belt if you are pulled over for something else? (don't worry I always wear my seat belt and enforce others in my car to do the same, just an example)
Old 04-05-2006, 01:24 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

You only have to satisfy the laws from where your car is registered. DC is the strictest of the 3 anyway. I believe it is 70% on the front windows and 50% on the back windows and rear window. -Joe
ORIGINAL: kcary

Regarding the laws, I live in DC, so I am in and out of both VA and MD a lot. I don't what the restrictions are off hand, but I know they are different for all 3. If I were to get it to meet laws into one, but it broke laws in another and I were to drive into that state, can I now be given a ticket specifically for that, or would it be like those extra things, like you can only get a ticket for a passanger without a safety belt if you are pulled over for something else? (don't worry I always wear my seat belt and enforce others in my car to do the same, just an example)
Old 04-05-2006, 02:04 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

I live in NY as well, u can do any number in the rear, 20% on the rear and little windows, if u go with 35% on the fronts u should be ok...
Old 04-05-2006, 09:07 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

I went 20% in the front and back... I wish I actually went a lil darker... Maybe I will learn to love it...

But I just got her back about a couple hours ago... I will take pics and post them....
Old 04-05-2006, 10:25 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

For people that have already put felt on the whether stipping, where did you get it from? Did the tint shop do it or did you buy it somewhere and put it on before taking it for tint? If you mail ordered it, can you share a link? Thanks -Joe

Quick Reply: This is for the tinters