Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please be super CRITICAL

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 03:30 AM
ronchap200027

Default Please be super CRITICAL

Sorry for the boring post but I would like some honest opinions on my drawing. It's still not done but it's close. I've considered selling prints (although I know most people wouldn't be interested in a drawing of their car, but it was a thought anyway) but this original will hang in my "art room". Please... tell me what you DON'T like about it. I will NOT be offended. I appreciate constructive criticism. Makes me better.

Hopefully this works to post the pic. Again, sorry for the boring post. Good comments and BAD, very welcome!

[IMG]local://upfiles/31314/D54A54E629514DCE8F524E21A7EA7C65.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2006, 03:36 AM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Please be super CRITICAL

I see nothing wrong with it besides the unfinished stuff.

Have you thought of may be including more veiws on the same drawing,just on my piont of veiw it does not say anything,were diffent views would be more of a statement of styling.

CrimeScene
Old 04-10-2006, 03:44 AM
grasshopper
2nd Gear Member

The only thing I could see anyone being critical on is that it's of a plain-jane Mustang. The artistry is absolutely fantastic. Did you freehand the whole thing, or "trace" it over a photo? Either way, I haven't used pencils in a long time so I'm amazed. I do neo-cellshades all digital so I have an appreciation for people who still use the analog methods.

What would be wicked is if you scanned it in Photoshop, then draw different elements like other option or aftermarket wheels, spoilers, etc, and scan them in as layers. Then you can manipulate it as you see fit and offer custom prints to mimic the customer's car.

Aside from optioning it out, I would maybe tone down the highlight on the top surfaces, unless that's the part that's not done.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:00 AM
ronchap200027

Thanks for the comments already. Didn't expect them so quick.

I haven't really gotten into doing anything digital. I've manipulate picture of my own vehicles, lowered them, paint schemes, tint etc. but I suck at that stuff. It's all hand drawn. It's drawn on 11 X 14 posterboard. I drew it with a standard mechanical lead pencil. My plan was to draw the car now (completely original) then draw it again after it's modded but that might be quite some time from now.

Drawing parts separately is a GREAT idea! It would be fun (and much faster) to just sorta pick and choose mods to put onto the car to customize it. The ONLY problem I would have with that is having a picture from the same angle that my car was at to look at. I can't draw anything from my head at all. I have to have something to look at for perspective.

I was thinking about picking someone's car on here (randomly) and drawing it. Would anyone be offended at all if I did that????

The whole top of the car is the part that isn't done. Have to shade the spoiler, and the whole top. Here's the drawing and the original picture for comparison.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31314/CCD01A295282448F8E6246DC0457BBC2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/31314/8FDBE9178FFE473FA2060986DCA3B521.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2006, 04:20 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Pretty darn GOOD, the drawing even seems to show the reflections off the paint like the original (r/r door and fender)
Old 04-10-2006, 04:48 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Looks awesome, how long did it take you to do?
Old 04-10-2006, 04:57 AM
ronchap200027

I'm not 100% sure but I'm guessing I have about 15 hours or so in it. Maybe more maybe less. Sometimes when I start drawing, time just seems to jump ahead! LOL

Thanks for the compliments.

Old 04-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I would only have to add that it's not too impressive of an angle of the Mustang. There are much better angles, especially that front end! And the highlights are still too blown out, especially in the back. Add more detail and shading and you could be OK.
If you're serious, I would encourage you to offer your services to everyone here by having them send you several photos of their car and then drawing and framing it! I might even be interested in having you draw my GT, if the price was reasonable. What size are you comfortable with? I would love to have a drawing (B&W) about 8x10 and have it framed in glass.
I've seen people selling framed auto photos at art fairs for $150-300.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:32 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

man... all i say is WOW .... i mean photoshop can be done close like that but man i love ur drawings, i like to draw too but .. im a little diffrent ... here is a pic of my drawing ( im practising to put this skull on my bike by air brush )

Old 04-10-2006, 09:57 AM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

I like it man. Nothing to really be critical about. Nice job!

Quick Reply: Please be super CRITICAL