Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satin Aluminum Panel vs Charcoal Aluminum Panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:36 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Satin Aluminum Panel vs Charcoal Aluminum Panel

Also, I would only consider LGT Automotive for ANY dash kit. I feel they are the best, in fact, they OEM for FORD. if you are interested, I can get you more info.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:11 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

Think about this, keep what you have, get $$$$ back from the dealer, and consider the "aftermarket aluminum lower dash kit" I'm thinkin' the contrast would look awesome, and you would have a truley 1of a kind interior.
What do you think ????
where can you find that? i dont really like how 1/2 the dash looks very sporty, then the other half looks plastic-ey
Old 04-12-2006, 11:13 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Oh God... It's beautiful...
Old 04-12-2006, 11:23 PM
cashman
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GGIII

Oh God... It's beautiful...
The only thing that bothers me are the vents, I think it'd look MUCH better with black ones.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:17 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

So beautiful...

Im gonna have to salvage yard one of those dashes and vent sets, I think.

Haha.

(Who needs airbags? Not me!) ^_^
Old 04-13-2006, 03:02 AM
persistantthug
2nd Gear Member

Just my opinion, but I think you should take it back and get the 2007 model.

If you paid for the INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE, you are supposed to get the Aluminum dash automatically....its part of the package and you have a defective car. Take it back, because I'm sure that since you "ordered" it and its somewhat rare in your area, you probably didn't get much of a discount/price break.

Also, my car is the darker red (REDFIRE), and the satin aluminum front dashboard would look terrible, at least in my view. My car is all black interior with the chrome on the airvent trims. I am thinking about putting more chrome trims in it though for "BLING" factor
Old 04-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

The car still has the interior upgrade package. It just has a charcoal aluminum panel instead of the satin aluminum. It's not defective. It was a little-known option code for the '06 model year. I almost ordered a car and specked that but I had to explain it to my dealer. If you didn't spec a charcoal applique then, yes, you automatically got the satin with the IUP.

From what it sounds like, the dealer didn't really screw up. Except that they ordered too many cars. [&:] That's why Dragon ended up taking one from a lot instead. I would bet that Dragon didn't even know there was a choice of Satin or Charcoal dash appliques with the IUP. Most dealers don't even know until they start to order a car and use their proprietary programming to enter the order.

I'd say keep the Charcoal. I'd bet its a rarely seen option and if you plan on keeping the car for the long run, it will be worth that much more because of it. (That is if you don't want to trade it to me!)
Old 04-13-2006, 05:23 PM
DragonStang

Exactly...I did not know up front that there was even an option of a switch to Charcoal. Whatever deal ordered this car to begin with CHOSE the charcoal over the Satin. I know that the Satin is default, and when I ordered the IUP I assumed I was getting the Satin. Since I have the Black car, I liked the Satin finish for a sleek look. The charcoal does not look bad, it's just not what I wanted. Both the sales woman and myself overlooked the window sticker stating Charcoal...but then again it goes to the principle that the customer ordered one thing and got another.

I'm getting the remote start and the Electrochromatic Mirror w/ Homelink put in on Monday. Hopefully I'll have a resolution with the paneling too.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Hmmm, tough one. I have the Satin IUP, but I agree that the Charcoal looks quite nice and is MUCH rarer--so you stand out more. To keep or change...tough call. A similar thing happened to me, only it was the choice in 18" wheels. I originally went with the Fanblades, but ended up with the Bullits--now I think it's the best thing to ever happen with this car.

Side Note: I worry about just trying to get an aftermarket dash kit (to "replace" the Satin). My understanding is that if you look real close, they only cover the flat parts of the dash; they do not cover the base of the air vent bezels. This means you'll have a transition from Satin to Charcoal to Chrome trim. With an OEM Satin dash, you just have Satin to Chrome trim--much cleaner look.

Good luck!
-j
Old 04-15-2006, 12:09 AM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

I like the charcoal. I wish that was an option when I got my GT.

Quick Reply: Satin Aluminum Panel vs Charcoal Aluminum Panel