Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Customer Viewpoint

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:10 PM
wmscottmc
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Customer Viewpoint

My salesman was ok, but it was a long frustrating process, with a few problems - But not all his fault. Then he told me as I was leaving the lot that he needed all 10's (the highest mark) on all questions in order to get a bonus. Trying to guilt me into giving him a perfect score. That was an uncomfortable conversation. So now Im trying to figure out whether to fill it out honestly, throw it out, or go ahead and just give him a perfect score so that he can get his bonus (if that is even true). I forgot how much I disklike the car buying process.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:22 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I filled mine out because the dealership is a good one that I have bought 4 cars from. When I did have a problem with my Mustang they were on it the best they could. Had to order a new rear end, but they didn't have another GT on the lot to swap it out with so I understood. I guess I'm lucky and have a good dealer and would recomend them and my salesman to anyone.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:19 PM
RedHotMama
1st Gear Member

The first dealership I went to (the closest to my house and work) were total a$$$es. The sales manager came over to "Close the Deal " and I asked what the financing options were and he said, he would never have come to talk to me if I hadn't already made up my mind that I was buying the car that day. I said I needed more information to make the final decision and he said when I was ready to "BUY" to come back and see him. I'm sure it had to do with the fact that I was a women there without a man. Needless to day I did not buy from that dealer.

When to another dealer that had the car I wanted on the lot, we talked about all my options and I bought it. I called my husband on the way home and told him he would have to give me a ride to get my pickup later. He laughed and said, you must have found your Mustang.

Don't dealers realize that women make "ALL" the important decisions!!! LOL
Old 04-19-2006, 01:34 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

I say be honest and answer the questions truthfully. That's the only way they will know and make changes, if any. Every dealer is different and we need to tell FORD what we think, period. I've filled out the surveys on many dealers and was honest and truthful.I've even went as far as to write a letter or two about certain dealers and experiences with past cars. One in particular was a 91 Thunderbird (Blunderbird) it was a lemon and a POS. I vowed never to by another Ford again... until now! My experience thus far with the Ford dealer here in, Heritage Ford of Cookeville TN has been great!

ORIGINAL: sicko6

Did you receive this survey? Did you fill it out?

I had a pretty frustrating time at the dealership and if I had my druthers, which, I guess I do, I'd give them a horrible review. But, hey! they sent me a "Customer Appreciation Coupon" for $10 for my "first service interval"! And they called and left messages about how they want me to call them if I have any issues with their staff or business practices. But I guess, ultimately, at this point, I really don't care........I have the car I wanted. I understand the sales staff is probably under all sorts of opposite pressure to do whatever they have to do to make the profit but then at the same time get all sorts of it if they pissss off the customers. I guess it just annoys me that you can't be taken seriously until you become irrate........they do not take 'no' for an answer (specifically when they wanted me to finance through Ford). So, anyways, I don't even want to fill this thing out. When I left my sales guy tells me that if I fill it out a certain way he'll get $25 and I sort of feel bad coz I know he didn't scrape me for a big profit and didn't get my financing dollars but at the same time.....i had a pretty bad horrible experience buying my car. I probably just won't fill out the survey.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:19 PM
5StangsandCounting
1st Gear Member

I bought my Stang 4 weeks ago. I've had 3 seperate phone calls asking me how my experience was at the dealer..., and letting me know that I would also get the big "Ford" survey sometime. Two paper surveys have since arrived... both from the dealer. And I've not yet recieved the ford one...
I'm thinking that some of these dealerships are trying a little too hard...
Oh yah, the sales person (cool guy and Mustang lover also) also explained how much they appreciated 'completely satisfied' remarks on the ford survey.
It's like SAT prep or something...whewww