Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maybe we shouldn't be doing GT300&500 stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 02:23 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Maybe we shouldn't be doing GT300&500 stuff...

ORIGINAL: nothsa

CK, what do you think of me adding Roush Louvers to my 06 GT. I wanted to stick to all CDC products but I absolutely hate all the openings in them. I already have the Roush ones coming and am going to have a CDC front fascia and CDC ducktail which will complete ALL of my exterior mods. I had a big debate over that but I think I made the right decision. Still haven't decided on the Classic or Aggressive Front Fascia though... Input on that would be great!
Whatever you like will be awesome. I personally love the roush louvers and only sold mine cause they looked out of place with the cervini side vents. Hopefully, most understood my post for what it was. I'm all for any type of body look you want to add to your car for styling - it was the 'tributes', cobra crap, and 'themes' that got me sick. I like both the aggresive and classic front fascia's but think they work best if it matches the rest of the kit. i.e. - if you've got a classic fascia, then go with classic on the rest. The roush louvers are great cause they can blend both ways.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:31 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

Whatever you like will be awesome. I personally love the roush louvers and only sold mine cause they looked out of place with the cervini side vents. Hopefully, most understood my post for what it was. I'm all for any type of body look you want to add to your car for styling - it was the 'tributes', cobra crap, and 'themes' that got me sick. I like both the aggresive and classic front fascia's but think they work best if it matches the rest of the kit. i.e. - if you've got a classic fascia, then go with classic on the rest. The roush louvers are great cause they can blend both ways.
Good point, do you think if I go with the CDC ducktail, that it will look better with the classic? I am trying to keep a positive flow throughout the car and not mess it up. IMO, I think that the ducktail is in the same category as the Roush Louvers that they can go eitehr way. Do you think drilling holes in the front bumper is a big deal, especially for a car that I am going to be holding onto for a long time. Even when I do get the next generation Mustangs, and so on.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:39 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

American Bad *** would be a tribute to Kid Rock. Let's not make a 2005 GT tribute to Kid Rock, let's let him do that to his car.

If you are a GT, just be a GT. Do what ever you want, but remember who you are. Gt's hate 6's dressing up like GT's, I bet Cobras will hate GT's dressing up like Cobras.

So now what do I do with my Cobra Wheels???? At least I don't have Cobra centercaps...or pony. It's just that generic insert. Thank GOD.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:25 AM
dcranford
1st Gear Member

I have to agree somewhat...if you are putting badges on your car to win shows, your doing the wrong thing. For me, the reason I have done a 1967 GT350 tribute with my car is because the mustang body is finally a retro looking car, and my dream car growing up was a 67 GT350. So I get the best of both worlds with my tribute. I tell everyone I meet its not a TRUE GT350 (actually ford hasnt made one so I guess imok) but tell them its a package done by me for me. IF others happen to like it great, if not, great.

I think unless Ford creates a GT350, anyone has the right to do a custom GT350, a GT500 on the other hand is pushing it, seeing as ford is making one.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:01 AM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

chevykiller, I think your car is crying to be put back to its original self,,,, ROUSH that is. I know you have bagged on roush products in the past as well as myself, but I was at the car show too and noticed the sea of snakes. If you would of kept it a ROUSH you could of been with the other seven 05-06 roush mustangs that were there. I think there are other people that went to the car show leaving with the same let down as yourself but they are afraid to say it. one last thing, out of all the fake snakes, yours did look better than the others.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:45 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Yea, I've been recontemplating my GT500 scheme for a while now actually. I wasn't planning on badges or sidestripes..........just a hood, ducktail, and some racing stripes. Wouldn't be that bad around here really since almost no one has done any significant body mods to their new stangs yet........nor have I seen any Cobra imitators around. But it has me rethinking nonetheless. I have a back-up scheme........but I'm gonna stay tightlipped about it for now in hopes that I may be the first 05/06 owner I've seen to do it [crosses fingers].

BTW.....I think we should all keep a lookout for what I'm afraid is about to become another popular clone subject: the Hertz GT350H. From reading all the many threads about it in the last few days I can see that alot of ppl were ignorant to the old black and gold scheme of those Shelbys. I have a feeling we are gonna start seeing that scheme more often now.[8D]
Old 04-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Yes I totally agree.
ORIGINAL: hawgman

( oh yea, you know my response to this is going to win friends... )

I have a Saleen supercharger under the hood. But I don't have Saleen badges on my car. I have a Roush rear wing. But I don't have Roush badges on my car. Why? Because it is not a Saleen or a Roush. It's not a Cobra. It's not a GT300, 350, or 500. I am not going to pretend that it is or try to impress someone by making them think that it is. I find it absolutely halarious that if someone drives a foreign vehicle and puts a VTec emblem on it they are referred to as a poser. But if someone drives a Mustang and puts a GT350 sticker on it suddenly it is ok because it is a "tribute".

And for the record, I have tribar pony center caps
Old 04-14-2006, 08:52 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Chevy, are you stroking your engine? IE more then 4.6? What happened to people putting how many CI's their engine is on their fender? Though 281 just doesn't look that good. I think whenever I get around to doing my engine, I'm going to put 322 on the side. Might put my initials or something over that, or just keep it the engine size.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:06 PM
351PONY
2nd Gear Member

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to be flamed as a poser for building a tribute vehicle. Especially given the fact FORD is not and will not build this car. It's not like we're trying to pass our cars off as being original GT-350'S. In fact, that's why I personally chose to use the GT-350 designation as opposed to the GT-500 designation. I don't want anyone thinking this is a factory car. As a matter of record, I've owned MANY Mustangs over the years including several classic musclecars and never once have I ever flamed someone for building a clone, as long as they represent it as a clone! There's my final .02 cents on the subject.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:28 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

I have to say one good thing about the car show.

It was really cool to meet some of you guys from the Mustang forum and to indulge myself in some "car-talk".

Quick Reply: Maybe we shouldn't be doing GT300&500 stuff...