Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This really makes me angry

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 03:45 AM
SK3055
1st Gear Member

Default This really makes me angry

I came out of a diner called The Full Moon tonight to find what I'm pretty sure was an egg (there was a little bit of white shell-like stuff and orange goo) on the roof of my car. Why would someone get so angry about a car that only costs 30k?! I mean I love this car but it's not exactly extravagent and over the top, why would someone get so angry when they saw it that they'd smash an egg on the hood? Esp. since it's an american made car, and a mustang at that...

It was really hard scrubbing it off and I don't know if I did it right, I just used windex/goo gone and some paper towels and idk if that was the best thing to do. I hope I didn't hurt the finish but I didn't want to let that stuff sit on my car overnight.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:01 AM
EJD05GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: This really makes me angry

Sorry that happened. [:@] I wouldnt have used windex though.

ORIGINAL: SK3055

I came out of a diner called The Full Moon tonight to find what I'm pretty sure was an egg (there was a little bit of white shell-like stuff and orange goo) on the roof of my car. Why would someone get so angry about a car that only costs 30k?! I mean I love this car but it's not exactly extravagent and over the top, why would someone get so angry when they saw it that they'd smash an egg on the hood? Esp. since it's an american made car, and a mustang at that...

It was really hard scrubbing it off and I don't know if I did it right, I just used windex/goo gone and some paper towels and idk if that was the best thing to do. I hope I didn't hurt the finish but I didn't want to let that stuff sit on my car overnight.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:07 AM
dRiBz
2nd Gear Member

was "The Full Moon" in la crescenta?
Old 04-15-2006, 04:14 AM
SK3055
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dRiBz

was "The Full Moon" in la crescenta?
No it's on Skokie in Lake Bluff, IL
Old 04-15-2006, 04:21 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Any way you got it off, that's good.

Egg can leave NASTY stains in clearcoat.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:29 AM
teal9550

use vinager and water i had that happen to me on my magnum and it camright off
Old 04-15-2006, 05:15 AM
rhein
1st Gear Member

That sucks - my 03 Mazda 6S got egged a couple of nights ago - the wife swears it was a seagull, but what the h@ll seagull cr@ps so much that the droppings land on the back deck lid and go over the edge all the way down to the tailpipes? I've never seen a 50 lb seagull....

The punks who do this deserve a special beating.

Hope your paint turns out okay.

Old 04-15-2006, 05:37 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

That really sux, sorry to hear that. People are just jealous, even though its only a 30k car, its really nice and looks great and some people cant stand that. Dont let what people say or even do bother you though. You shouldnt stop living and enjoying just because of their problems. Since you got the egg off with windex, use some wax to make sure the paint wont get damaged.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:50 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

try to stay away from stuff like windex and goo gone... the amonia in windex eats away at your finnish and the goo gone will take it right off... just be careful!
Old 04-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

Yeah man sorry that happened, egg and dried bugs and sap are the worst things for your paint, always try to get those off as soon as possible, but also if you get her detailed regularly the wax coat will help protect your paint more than anything.

By the way, you have an awesome looking stang, I love those colors together, yours is the only color combo i would consider other that my black. DO you have anymore pics you can post of it??

Quick Reply: This really makes me angry