Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE END OF STRIPE THREADS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 09:56 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: THE END OF STRIPE THREADS!!!

point taken
Old 04-15-2006, 10:02 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

ORIGINAL: chrisc

i agree, there are a few too many threads asking some questions that have been answered over and over and over again (especially in the v6 4.0 section)

there really should be some stickies that say something like
best intake: c&l
best exhaust: mrt
etc...
(for the v6, i dont know about thte gt)
the problem is that its not as easy as that. for example, i will vouch til my deathbed that a JLT intake is leaps better than a C&L, but that's just because i have better personal experience with them (in addition to being better, and CHEAPER ). but seriously, price, look, finish, weight, power gains, heat shield, mass air diameter, reputation, legacy to a brand, friends with a dealer selling a certain item, etc, are all factors in buying every intake, and most of those apply to every product.
i am not totaly against discussion, i mean this is the forum. i just feel that there a lot of people who ask the same questions (ex. which exhaust will give me the most power?) and some of the answers are very strait forward. i am not for outlawing the posts that ask things like "which intake should i get and this is my situation blah blah blah" but i am against asking "which intake gives the most power"

ps. i dont know much about the JLT because i dont really read a lot of the GT posts, i just know that right now the C&L are giving the best results to us 6ers
Old 04-15-2006, 10:32 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

Hey GHOST.................... How 'bout next time you see a thread about stripes, don't click on it. It would you make you a much happier person, I'm sure.

Geeeeeeeeeez, people wanna know and discuss things. That's why its called a "FORUM"

Take a "chill pill", reds are good, but some people like greenies, yellows really make you mellow. Uh-Oh, now you gotta decision.
I agree. If I was going to stripe my car and couldn't really make up my mind, I would ask my mustang friends for their opinions.

It's kinda repetitive, but anything goes. We are not obliged to click on the thread or comment if we don't want to.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:19 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

All I said was STRIPES. Things that make you look a certain way are 100% up to that car owner, not for the entire internet community to decide. And if you are so inclined to listen to everyone elses advice instead of being your own person there are countless threads that can be searched without having start a brand new one. As far as CAI's, exhaust, gears and whatever other performance gains please continue to ask. You want opinions on grills and hoods, cool. I am all in favor of making an educated decision. But for asking what color you like for a stripe, get real. If you don't know what you like how can anyone answer that? Post: "I just got stripes, check it out" but a thread a day on "I'm too simple minded to make my own choices about what I like" is just crazy.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:43 PM
RUNVUS

Hey,

Have you ever thought that maybe these people just want to start a conversation with others? I'm glad you're so set in your ways and know exactly what you want without talking witih others, but how about giving others a break! This is a forum for god's sake!

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

Please stop putting up polls and asking other peoples opinions of "What stripe should I go with?" I mean, just damn. Do you people have not one original fiber in you? IF you like it it is fine, really. Most of us do not care what stripe you go with. But this has been an ongoing topic for a year. Some of you claim "need help ASAP" NO YOU DON'T you need to learn some decision making skills. Everyone of us with stripes has been in the same boat. Wondering how our ideas will look once we make them real. If you are that unsure of yourself that you need a poll or an internet querry to make the decision then chances are you will never feel satisfied that it was something that YOU did anyhow. So don't do it. If you have an idea that you like, go with it. Some will love it, others will hate it. So goes life. There is currently a great tool out here that will let people put any color stripe on any color car. USE THIS (and I appologize for not putting in the link but I don't have it, someone please chime in) End result, it is YOUR car. Not the internet communities. Now, once you all get it striped, post it!!! We all love to see new things!!!!!
Old 04-15-2006, 11:52 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Hey I was thinking about getting stripes and was wondering which color and type to get?? Opinions??

hehe just kidding... but I agree to a certain extent... topics are repeated over and over again... but they are no ones fault... the truth of the matter is that the search engine in this forum is not the best so searching for something that you need help with proves to be difficult at times and the only option is to repost another thread asking something that already has been talked about days before...I dunno if there is a solution here... Maybe to section off the threads better, like make more sections ( a CAI section, a striping section, a wheel and tire section) so you know exactly where to go when you need help...
Old 04-15-2006, 11:59 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

i really don't care how many threads there are about stripes or exhaust. i don't have to read them if i don't want to. i would however ask the moderators to keep the movie discussions and other non car related conversations out of the car forums and direct them to the OFF TOPIC FORUM. i do appreciate the fact that our moderators don't mess with our threads like on some other sites but at some point things need to be kept on track. now that i have posted my opinion about that now i'm done with this thread also. don't bother flaming me on this thread i won't read it.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

When I see a thread that holds no meaning for me or I'm not enterested in........I just don't click on it.

I love having that power at my fingertips!!!!

As far as the repetitive threads "pushing" other topics to the back, if the topic is "hot" then it will consistantly be bumped to the top anyway.

Old 04-16-2006, 12:20 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Maybe Ghost needs a chocolate fix, Happy EASTER!

[IMG]local://upfiles/16153/531B974D04FE462C952DF40803245614.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-16-2006, 04:30 AM
Skrappy
1st Gear Member

So long as they take a few minutes to do some of their own searches through past forums before they make their pwn post, I have no problame with it.

Otherwise, I have to agree, just don't click on the post.

My only problem then is that it moves more important posts to the back pages.

My two cents,

Skrappy

Quick Reply: THE END OF STRIPE THREADS!!!