Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep Gas Prices LOW...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Keep Gas Prices LOW...

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 04-16-2006, 11:32 PM
scubie02

what amazes me is the number of Republican apologist types on any board who will actually defend the oil companies. And for the record, I'm a registered Republican, and have been for more than 20 years, although I am seriously rethinking that now. But back to the oil companies--they have made record profits every quarter for how many in a row now? I believe the news reported recently that one company reported the largest profits of any company EVER recently. And yet, there are still tons of people online saying they aren't REALLY making a profit, it just seems that way. Riiiight. Then there is the bunch that
says its all our fault for not buying more fuel efficient cars. Newsflash--it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference if we all went out and bought Civic's tomorrow. China. India. If we don't buy it, somebody else will. Then there is the "other countries pay way more than us, so its only fair". Another newsflash. Other countries pay $8 a gallon because their countries tax the bejesus out of their gas--as in 75% of the cost being the tax. Only they at least get free healthcare, education etc out of being bent over like that--while we on the other hand pay for rich people to get disgustingly rich, then applaud it in the name of "capitalism".

Do NOT kid yourself. The oil companies are bending us over. The government is NOT your friend (I used to work in the senate--TRUST me on that). Politics is driving this in all sorts of different ways. And the regular folks will be footing the bill--just the way its always been and apparently always will be. It's just been getting worse and more brazen the past few years, where our government and the rich don't even have the good taste to at least try to hide it anymore.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:55 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scubie02

oil is running out while demand goes up. If we don't buy iy, they'll just sell it to china or india.
The funny thing is, the oil companies are making billions in profit, so if supply is so short why are profits so amazingly high? China is getting huge in consumtion but obviously we are being taken to the cleaners or the profits wouldn't be so insane.

The price per barrel came down to below $70.00 yet premium weht up another 10 cents yet the oil companies aren't gouging us, we bend over and take it, the Government does nothing about it and we take it.... I'm also sick of hearing how Europe has been paying $5.00 per gallon, thier economies have adjusted for insane prices for decades, ours hasen't, so the average Joe bends over and without mention of a reach around gets it dry and hard....

So, lets buy a Prius and litter the landscape with recycled batteries that never make it just like computers end up in Africa or India in huge dumps because someone makes money on the dump...

I digress..... motherf*ckers in the Government, the wackos who tell us to stop the consumption yet continue themselves and all the others bend over for fuel, so what do we do....[:@]
Old 04-16-2006, 11:58 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Republican apologists? Name one who backs the oil companies and don't name Cheney. EVERYBODY including wacko's like Kennedy are in lobbyist pockets, don't just mention Republicans, include the other idiots like Democrats et al...
None of these aholes will take the oil companies to task...

Ahhhhh nuts, forget it.... political rants get us nowhere, all politico's are in someones pocket....
Old 04-16-2006, 11:58 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

-1 to oil companies, and -1 to this idea.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

oil is running out while demand goes up. If we don't buy iy, they'll just sell it to china or india.
The funny thing is, the oil companies are making billions in profit, so if supply is so short why are profits so amazingly high? China is getting huge in consumtion but obviously we are being taken to the cleaners or the profits wouldn't be so insane.

The price per barrel came down to below $70.00 yet premium weht up another 10 cents yet the oil companies aren't gouging us, we bend over and take it, the Government does nothing about it and we take it.... I'm also sick of hearing how Europe has been paying $5.00 per gallon, thier economies have adjusted for insane prices for decades, ours hasen't, so the average Joe bends over and without mention of a reach around gets it dry and hard....

So, lets buy a Prius and litter the landscape with recycled batteries that never make it just like computers end up in Africa or India in huge dumps because someone makes money on the dump...

I digress..... motherf*ckers in the Government, the wackos who tell us to stop the consumption yet continue themselves and all the others bend over for fuel, so what do we do....[:@]
Do what I do when I'm upset...

Fill 'er up with 93 octane (3.05/gallon where I'm at)...crank up the classic rock (or tunes of your choice) and take her out for some driving in the country.

Always makes me feel better...and a little more in control of my immediate destiny...[&:]

Old 04-17-2006, 12:11 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

I paid $3.05 per gallon yesterday, not because we're low on fuel here but because it's a Holiday and the f'ing ahole companies know we'll need it for getting to our families on Easter. Anybody complain? Nope, they got us used to $2.40, now tht we're used to that they'll get us used to $3.25 then $4.00 and as long as the Government gives them a pass profits go up, big oil gets richer and people like my sister who has two kids and doesn't make a lot pay a quarter of their income to get to work so some fat pile of sh*t big shot can make a bigger bonus.

Hell, lets ship out some more jobs to India while we're at it, lets not destroy this country half assed, go all the way, NAFTA, CAFTA, lets do some more damage so other countries make it big and we get screwed! How much is the offeset between what China makes and what we make? Can we count the billions?

Maybe Mikey Moore can make up another "documentary" where he splices his agenda into a movie where blind American's will believe everything he spouts as gospel and the world can laugh at how we'll chew our own country up and spit it out to make a few bucks truth be damned...

Ugh...[sm=sorry.gif]

Old 04-17-2006, 12:12 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rezalien

ORIGINAL: viking396

Do what I do when I'm upset...

Fill 'er up with 93 octane (3.05/gallon where I'm at)...crank up the classic rock (or tunes of your choice) and take her out for some driving in the country.

Always makes me feel better...and a little more in control of my immediate destiny...[&:]

That's exactly what I did!!!!!! I put 175 miles on the car chilling out...
Old 04-17-2006, 12:27 AM
XLeatherNeck
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

-1 to oil companies, and -1 to this idea.
Roger That!
Old 04-17-2006, 01:05 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

Your reply to me speaks volumes of LIBERALISM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Besides, I only sell to educated people, and you are too dumb to even say NO.
Your hilarious. I am certain at this point that you have no clue what a Liberal is. Say no to what? When did you come out and ask me to buy something from you? I have seen nothing on these boards in any of your posts that you asked me to buy something from you. You sir are an idiot and your ignorance is abundantly clear.. Go peddle your bull somewhere else and to someone that gives a crap.

Can you explain to me what a liberal is?? I would be curious to know your meaning of it. And like i said you now nothing about me and your an idiot for assuming you do.

Richard

Quick Reply: Keep Gas Prices LOW...