Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't want to hear any more of this 05+ elitest garbage anymore!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 03:21 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: I don't want to hear any more of this 05+ elitest garbage anymore!

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

CK..you are right on. I responded to the initial thread in OT and got a generic "but we could do that" reply. I think having a S197 general and a 4.0 and 4.6 tech would be awesome. But don't we kind of have that? I think if the moderators moved general disscussion to the "combined board" people would figure it out pretty quickly. I really can't believe that there is anybody intentionly trying to "*****" a thread as someone on the OT post called what happens here. Granted we get a ridiculous amount of re-peat threads, and I have been guilty of over-reacting to them, and getting called on it. But so goes an internet forum. I like CK's thought.
Thanks - that was my whole point. Nothing needs to be changed - just moderated a little more aggressively. Don't get me wrong either, nothing against the current mods - they are mostly all great and all our great in the S197 sections, but I would just like to see more structure to the posting and it would help out a lot. Important tech threads sometimes don't get the answers guys are looking for because within minutes sometimes, there thread get's lost in a sea of "what color stripes should I go with?" threads. As I've said all along, those threads belong here just as much as any other but should be contained in a general area to make technical related posts much more effective for everyone.

JMO
Old 04-22-2006, 04:55 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Why in the world would forced integration even be considered? The whole idea of sections in a forum website is to make it easier to clump common interests. I am new here, but that is how I see it anyway.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:42 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Back when I first joined they started to get pretty tuff on all the off topic stuff and moving them to other sections alot of people were getting mad that their threads were being moved. Chevykiller has a good idea that works good at other forums. After being on these forums for a year now I understand a whole lot more what Mike was trying to accomplish back a year ago.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:40 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

Back when I first joined they started to get pretty tuff on all the off topic stuff and moving them to other sections alot of people were getting mad that their threads were being moved. Chevykiller has a good idea that works good at other forums. After being on these forums for a year now I understand a whole lot more what Mike was trying to accomplish back a year ago.
have I told you that I love you lately? [sm=smiley36.gif]

LOL - anyway, that crap in off topic was stupid. Jthorn9 lost his mind or something. He has no clue what he is talking about.

I like CKs idea about the general and tech section stuff contained right here though. Are you guys up for that plan?
Old 04-23-2006, 02:00 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

boy this brings back memories.. haha.. yea, that rubbed a few people pretty bad.. that and the hate against the 05 owners from some of the mods.. Thank gowd I didnt get into it
Old 04-23-2006, 02:15 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

I like CKs idea about the general and tech section stuff contained right here though. Are you guys up for that plan?

Yes!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 02:19 AM
06GTVert

I don't want to go to those "other" sections because "those people" are just not like us.

[jus kiddin]
Old 04-23-2006, 02:33 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

have I told you that I love you lately? [sm=smiley36.gif]

LOL - anyway, that crap in off topic was stupid. Jthorn9 lost his mind or something. He has no clue what he is talking about.

you better be careful saying stuff like that. jthorn will have you banned.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:39 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

nanaki .. they made you a mod!.. damn.. I missed allot.. ahah.. you were always helpful.. you and casper.. I wonder what he's been doing.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:03 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Don't worry guys there is not going to be any type of forced integration. If Jthorn starts posting again about that crap just ignore him, he has no power here what so ever and we (the mods) don't pay much attention to what he says. FWIW I don't really appreciate him stiring up trouble like this.

Quick Reply: I don't want to hear any more of this 05+ elitest garbage anymore!