Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meguiars NXT wax, Black GT owners will love it!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 12:46 AM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Meguiars NXT wax, Black GT owners will love it!

Good to know, I've been looking for a new wax.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:03 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Try the Nxt Generation Detail-er, inside and outside varieties, and their spray wax. All for in-between use. All great products, make my Screaming Yellow GT look great!
\
ORIGINAL: viking396

I'm taking a break from waxing three cars to post how impressed I am with Meguiars NXT wax it goes on easy and comes off with no swirls and no residue. The car looks like I just ran water over it! I know there are wax threads and this one will likely get read and ignored but I needed a break. My arm is like jello.... I'll take a pic when I can lift my arm again.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:23 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Nice test. Good information. Thanks

Probably one of the smartest moves I've ever made has been to "Clay" my paint job. Auto Zone, in my area, sells
"Mothers California Gold Clay Bar" its a package deal for $15. Super easy to use.

Since the "Claying" I havent used anything on the paint but Zaino products. Very happy with the results. The paint not only looks deep and lasts but to the touch the paint feels very smooth and slick.

Later
Old 04-24-2006, 11:56 AM
b_hollier
2nd Gear Member

I agree with you I use the NXT wax on my wife Z71 Tahoe. The Zaino wax that GT John had metion is far better than anything you can get in the stores. It is a little pricey for the kit but if you plan on showing your car it is a must. I use it on my 97 Corvette and it still looks better than the day it can off the showroom floor. I will try to post some pics. Both waxes are very good. Nice car by the way.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:36 PM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

I love this wax.....it makes my Mineral Gray Stang shine. And it makes my husbands RED F350 shine as well.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:23 PM
StartMeUp
1st Gear Member

Anybody ever hear of Diamond Shield?

http://www.easypolish.com/

I've used it before on my other cars (not on the Mustang yet) and it works well. It's a little pricey for a quart bottle but it goes a long way. It looks like a milky liquid and you apply it in a back-and-forth motion, not circular. You can apply it in direct sunlight and can leave it on as long as you want and it WILL wipe right off. For simplicity sake, it works well and holds up over time but may not have the same shine as the other waxes mentioned in this thread.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:25 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ordered my dual action polisher today. When I do a complete detail job with NXT i'll post some pics.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:00 PM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

LOL who cares if it only lasts 3 weeks. It only takes like 45 minutes to put on every 3 weeks. I love the NXT. It's good for throwing on just befroe shows too.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:10 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

I'm waxing the black pearl this weekend with NXT and my buddy is doing his black GTO as well I'll get some pics of the 2 together freshly waxed!
Old 04-24-2006, 07:33 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

Just got it, just tried it, (Black Mustang) I also got the NXT spray for between waxing to hope it will keep it lasting longer. I only did a small portion of the car, but you can definately tell a difference (for the better!)

We'll see how long it holds up.

Also hoping it does something about static, I have the Cervini side exhaust & dust just loves to cling right there on the skirts! Every time I get out I have to wipe the dust off! It's like a magnet!

Quick Reply: Meguiars NXT wax, Black GT owners will love it!