Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealers must not need to sell Stangs

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 12:24 PM
wmscottmc
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dealers must not need to sell Stangs

Im confused.

1) When I pre-ordered my 06 I did not get a VIN at the time, and I also only had to give the dealer a small refundable down payment -- its not like you have to pre-pay the entire cost of the car months before you ever see it. If you dont like what you see when it arrives, you dont buy it, and you are not out any $$.

2) You wonder where you will get your work done if you buy from another dealer. This doesnt make sense to me either. You can take your Mustang to any ford dealership for work, you do not have to take it to the dealer that you buy from.

Im not sure that I understand your problem, am I missing something?

Scott.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:29 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

just a note... the internal combustion engine is: suck, squeeze, BANG, blow.

If you feel you've been given a BS vin, why don't you speak with them and get the story?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:36 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

You see, the next closest dealer is 50 mi away. If he buys there, or anywhere else further, the "local" Ford dealer, will do warranty work, and such, but,.... it will be on their schedule, around their customers. If the dealer chooses to be an a** about it.

It happens all the time, except for ppl who move out of the area where they originally purchased, and it's a good idea for the selling dealer to call and explain to the new servicing dealer those circumstances.

Also, in larger markets, competing dealers will accept this type of customer, in hopes of building new business for future sales.

JMO
Old 04-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

The only reason I can think the VIN is taking longer than "normal" (which is why I think he's pissed) is becauase maybe you ordered some options that don't normally get ordered together? I mean what did the other guys order? It may sound like BS but car manufacturers have their production numbers figured out waaaay before they actually begin production.

My guess is you either chose a weird combination that is not common so they have to work your car in or you chose a very popular combination in which case you have to wait in 'line' with all of the other dealerships that have the same car chosen....
Old 04-25-2006, 12:45 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Excellant point. and .... well said.

But, if that's the case, wouldn't the dealer try to explain this, rather than **** him off ?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:09 PM
acsteele
1st Gear Member

All of these vehicals were bought at the same dealership. If I buy at another dealer and have a problem, I really don't want to limp it or tow it 50 miles (this is Kansas remember) My bitch is others have ordered similar '07s (loaded, coupes) and they have had no problem getting their serialized dates and VIN numbers. My contact at VOPC still has no record of mine even being ordered.
I was hoping for late June, early July delivery, but if I'm still at the bottom of the pile, it may be September or so.

and nobody sees a problem with this?

A repeat customer being neglected I see as a problem.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:17 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

OK, now I understand.

Being in Kansas, try this :

1. Call the "wizard"
2. Drop a house on the dealership
3. Have Todo sh** all over their parking lot
4. Get some courage, plead for your VIN with all your heart, and use your brains.
4. Click your heels, and......... get your wheels
Old 04-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

rofl
Old 04-25-2006, 04:10 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

If you want a car soon, you are going to have to take an 06 off of a lot. If you are willing to wait for an undetermined amount of time, then wait for an 07'. I though about an 07', but too much dealer BS to trust any of them to get me a car within a couple months which is the longest I was willing to wait.

I just went through this last week(s) looking for an 06 gt stick coupe, finding a car locally on a lot is impossible near my home. A dealer about 3hrs away was going to change an inbound 06 to my specs and colors for 1000 under MSRP for mid may delivery. A week of bugging for a VIN after I placed the order, he called me to say he screwed up the order change (but it was all fords computers fault). I think he sold my car or kept it for a lot order. He told me he transferred my 500 deposit to an inbound 07 that he would change the color and options for mid June delivery. He had a build date but a few days went by and I kept asking for the printout from the ford computer showing the build date etc.

A few days went by with nothing happening. I called other dealers and most said he was BSing and that no one is seeing 06 stickshift GTs till the fall. NO other dealer I called was able to order, or change an ordered car. Even the dealers that had no 06's on the lot that could have easily said, OK I'll order you a car didnt want to order one unless I was willing to wait till fall. I didnt trust him so I cancelled my order.

Basicly, if you want a car now, go online, start searching for dealers a few hours away from you and see what they have.

After a couple nights and about 25 calls. I found the exact car I wanted 1.5hrs away that was perfect except it didnt have the active anti theft. Called up on a Friday night, made the deal for 1000 under, gave deposit, picked up the car the next day.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:25 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Just becuase u bought from one dealer, doesnt mean u cant go to another for service, i bought mine from a dealer 150 miles away, if and when i need service i will be bringing it to a local dealer, dealers dont care, they make a ton a money on service....

If you dont like the Dealer go somewhere where they will do the right thing...i dont get why u r bent out of shape..i must of called 40 dealers before finding my car..in another state... Not a big deal...

Quick Reply: Dealers must not need to sell Stangs