Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Muffler & "X" Installed !

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Default Corsa Muffler & "X" Installed !

All i can say its quiet!...A lot quieter than i expected, especially after listening to the sound clips on the Corsa web site...It's a little louder than stock but i was expecting more. ..Does anyone know if mufflers get a bit louder with time ?... I have to admit the car seemed faster after i first took off...and absolutely no drone!..I have only had it up to like 4.5K rpm's (still breakin in) and it sounded ok. The best i can define the sound is refined...
Old 04-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Shard Phoenix
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Corsa Muffler & "X" Installed !

Sound clip?
Old 04-27-2006, 06:20 PM
lilspeedy16
2nd Gear Member

I just cut the muffler off of my car and run 3 1/2" SS tips out the back. It sounds allot better then putting any mufflers on it at all. I had magnaflow but they where to quiet to.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:06 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

I too have the Corsa and agree. Not obnoxiously loud, refined is a good way to describe it. WOT, it's like music to my ears without drawing too much attention or, violating any sound ordnances or drawing attention to the cops. They do seem to be getting a little louder since putting mine on, I guess they do get broken in with time. Just right for my taste. Oh, and no drone!!

ORIGINAL: vocoat

All i can say its quiet!...A lot quieter than i expected, especially after listening to the sound clips on the Corsa web site...It's a little louder than stock but i was expecting more. ..Does anyone know if mufflers get a bit louder with time ?... I have to admit the car seemed faster after i first took off...and absolutely no drone!..I have only had it up to like 4.5K rpm's (still breakin in) and it sounded ok. The best i can define the sound is refined...
Old 04-28-2006, 12:28 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Corsa seems to be quieter on the inside than on the outside. Take it in an empty parking garage and stomp on it, then let us know if you still think it's quiet.....
Old 04-28-2006, 12:55 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

Corsa seems to be quieter on the inside than on the outside. Take it in an empty parking garage and stomp on it, then let us know if you still think it's quiet.....
That's saying the same thing as "Take your stock GT into a parking garage and stomp on it", of course that is going to promote the sound levels as you are in a refined area where else is the sound going to go? If you want to hear how it sounds yourself you have somebody else do a drive by for you, that gives you the ability hear what it actually sounds like outside of the vehicle.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:59 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

im guessing you didnt get an offroad x?
Old 04-28-2006, 03:58 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

That's saying the same thing as "Take your stock GT into a parking garage and stomp on it", of course that is going to promote the sound levels as you are in a refined area where else is the sound going to go? If you want to hear how it sounds yourself you have somebody else do a drive by for you, that gives you the ability hear what it actually sounds like outside of the vehicle.

sorry, but I didn't think that we were talking about a stock GT, or a Harley-Davidson, or a lawn mower. But, to your point, to be clearer I suppose I should have said that you should do a "before" and "after" test. Since he has already installed the system, he can't do that. There is a big difference with the corsa system. Yes, a drive-by is the best way to hear your own car. Then, again by your reasoning, that's the same thing as suggesting a drive by with a stock GT, isn't it?
Old 04-28-2006, 03:59 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lilspeedy16

I just cut the muffler off of my car and run 3 1/2" SS tips out the back. It sounds allot better then putting any mufflers on it at all. I had magnaflow but they where to quiet to.
I wasn't this aggressive, however I removed my stock mufflers and had open pipe tips made that are 100% bolt-on. Have 12" L x 3.5"D slash cut SS tips. Fill the rear cut-outs nicely and makes a good bit of noise to boot. Everything else is factory, I only get drone under light throttle pulling past about 35mph. Cost me total $75
Old 04-28-2006, 07:06 PM
b_hollier
2nd Gear Member

Corsa makes a very good system. I have a friend that has them on his vette. I still think the mustang sounds better, more like an old style muscle car. I am most likely putting the Corsa or the Borla on my wife's stang. You don't want something to outrageous draws too much unwanted attention if you know what I mean.

Quick Reply: Corsa Muffler & "X" Installed !