Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building base model into premium

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 02:37 AM
ss
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Building base model into premium

I have a deluxe GT and my husband has a premium GT. There are really no differences. I got the Shaker 500 upgrade and had custom leather put in. I didn't do it to save money, I just wanted two-tone leather and it wasn't an option.
Get what you want. Ask the dealer for the literature with all the standard and optional equipment comparisons.
I'm not sure if they have changed options for '06 or '07, but in '05 the only differences were Shaker 500 and leather were standard in the premi and optional in the deluxe.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:41 AM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jt14894
No problem.
Half and half would be the logical choice.
Save the hard aches and add the less expensive and easier upgrades.
I value your opinion highly, as I've seen you around the forums quite a bit and always give good/honest info. I was thinking this aswell. I decided on getting the leather stock most def. The interior looks like I'll do after market anyway as saud alzaabi showed some good stuff. The shaker 500 I could easily buy off ebay or something, and I know enough about car audio to do it myself. I live in Orlando and heated seats arent really needed but I just wanted them for the 1 month its actually cold down here haha (anything below 75 freezes me to death!!) and heated seats are just neat. Thanks for the info and saving me some dollars to put towards the pump
Old 05-02-2006, 12:30 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ss

I have a deluxe GT and my husband has a premium GT. There are really no differences. I got the Shaker 500 upgrade and had custom leather put in. I didn't do it to save money, I just wanted two-tone leather and it wasn't an option.
Get what you want. Ask the dealer for the literature with all the standard and optional equipment comparisons.
I'm not sure if they have changed options for '06 or '07, but in '05 the only differences were Shaker 500 and leather were standard in the premi and optional in the deluxe.
I would love to see some pictures of what you had done to the interior if you have some?

Richard
Old 05-02-2006, 12:52 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Rithchard tsk tsk tsk. I'll stay on my meds, if you stay on your estrogen, you've been quite the "hissy-sissy" lately.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:42 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90lxstang

No problem.
Half and half would be the logical choice.
Save the hard aches and add the less expensive and easier upgrades.
I value your opinion highly, as I've seen you around the forums quite a bit and always give good/honest info. I was thinking this aswell. I decided on getting the leather stock most def. The interior looks like I'll do after market anyway as saud alzaabi showed some good stuff. The shaker 500 I could easily buy off ebay or something, and I know enough about car audio to do it myself. I live in Orlando and heated seats arent really needed but I just wanted them for the 1 month its actually cold down here haha (anything below 75 freezes me to death!!) and heated seats are just neat. Thanks for the info and saving me some dollars to put towards the pump

Thanks! Glad to be of help. I just like to be reasonable about things and don't BS anyone so I always feel good whenever I help someone out.
That would be cool to see that once you get everything installed.
My Z has the heat seats and they get warm real quick. Sometimes, I'll accidentally hit the button, since its right on the center console, and all of a sudden everything is getting hot and I'm starting to sweat. Then, I realize its on. DOH!!
Yeah, Florida weather can pretty cold. I've seen people light up their fireplaces when it gets down to 65 degrees.
MAN! thats cold!! [8D]

Hey! I'm not that far from in O-town. If the FDOT can just finish that I-4 construction, the drive (especially from Lakeland to Orlando) would be like a walk in the park.
How's your LX 5.0 running? I miss those old fox bodies. My favorite ones are the 5.0 coupes.
My cousin used to own a 1991 LX 5.0 hatch. Unfortunately, it got totalled in a car wreck. :-(

By the way, I just read new report on CNN.com (Business) that Ford is going to reduce prices for 2007. I don't know if the Mustang will be included, but we'll see as more info comes.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:02 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

Hey! I'm not that far from in O-town. If the FDOT can just finish that I-4 construction, the drive (especially from Lakeland to Orlando) would be like a walk in the park.
How's your LX 5.0 running? I miss those old fox bodies. My favorite ones are the 5.0 coupes.
My cousin used to own a 1991 LX 5.0 hatch. Unfortunately, it got totalled in a car wreck. :-(

By the way, I just read new report on CNN.com (Business) that Ford is going to reduce prices for 2007. I don't know if the Mustang will be included, but we'll see as more info comes.
Yea that construction in I-4 can make the trip take 3 hours sometimes! The LX is running excellent. There is only one problem with the tranny though, I can only shift into reverse by going to 3rd first. It will grind the gears in any combination beside 3 to R. Atleast I can use reverse so its no biggie Actually the LX got rearended one time on that section of I-4. It was raining, around rush hour and I was heading down to St. Pete Times Forum to see Van Halen where I got tapped from a lady going about 5mph. No damage so its all good.

I'm not sure if the Mustang will be in that price drop either. Every time you see a commercial on tv for those big sales they have, I always see at the bottom "Excludes Mustang, Thunderbird and Ford GT models". So who knows.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:21 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90lxstang

Yea that construction in I-4 can make the trip take 3 hours sometimes! The LX is running excellent. There is only one problem with the tranny though, I can only shift into reverse by going to 3rd first. It will grind the gears in any combination beside 3 to R. Atleast I can use reverse so its no biggie Actually the LX got rearended one time on that section of I-4. It was raining, around rush hour and I was heading down to St. Pete Times Forum to see Van Halen where I got tapped from a lady going about 5mph. No damage so its all good.

I'm not sure if the Mustang will be in that price drop either. Every time you see a commercial on tv for those big sales they have, I always see at the bottom "Excludes Mustang, Thunderbird and Ford GT models". So who knows.

You're LX lucked out so that good there was no damage.
Keep that thing up and it'll be a classic. Its hard to believe that that car is almost 20 years old. It still seems like yesterday when they first came out.

Yeah. You have to bring a microscope to the TV so you can read the tiny tiny tiny print and disclaimers.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:57 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

Rithchard tsk tsk tsk. I'll stay on my meds, if you stay on your estrogen, you've been quite the "hissy-sissy" lately.
That's ok LEJAY at least i can fix being a "hissy-sissy" as you put it.

You however can not fix being a Stupid Moron. You were obviously born that way and nothing will ever change that. I on the other hand can work out and become a bad *** manly man. O wait, I already did that and your still Stuck On stupid.

And by the way these forums do not need someone like you as much as you like to think they do.

Have a Great Day

Richard
Old 05-03-2006, 12:55 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Now Rithchard,

Wanna bet ????????

RITHCHARD"S QUOTE :

And by the way these froums do not need someone like you as much as you like to think they do.

Have a Great Day

Richard

[/quote]
Old 05-03-2006, 01:44 AM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

Now Rithchard,

Wanna bet ????????

RITHCHARD"S QUOTE :

And by the way these froums do not need someone like you as much as you like to think they do.

Have a Great Day

Richard
[/quote]

Ok. Time out. This is getting off subject.
I don't think the admins would appreciate this type of stuff on their forum.
So, can't we all just get along?!
Seriously, nobody needs to get kicked off this forum.
Peace! [sm=icon_rock.gif]