Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

serious dilema need imput from owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 09:04 PM
b_hollier
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: serious dilema need imut from owners

I am more of a chevy guy, so IMO I think you would be better off with the Mustang GT. The car is a great car. I just purchased a 06 GT vert for my wife. The car is great, the Z does not have near the interior room, power, sound, and styling as the mustang. I really think you will not be satisfied with the Z. Given the choice between the 2, I would have to go with american muscle. You really will not feel the effects of the Z unless you plan on using it as a track car. I think the only thing better than a mustang would be a vette. I am a little bias towards them.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:05 PM
bcm157

mustangman2424 do know the name of the person with both? That would be a huge help. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:05 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

Here take a look at this thread. GT vs. 350z
Old 05-01-2006, 09:07 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

1. if you have owned hi-pro cars and raced autocross, you need no opinions.

2. nothing insulting about my last post

3. this is called a "forum"........... guess what that means ???

4. every venue needs someone exactly like me............ live with it.

5. next time try a little more tact than.... your opening question, as a "newbie". WTF were u expecting ??? go buy the ricer ? i hate my mustang ? oh !!!!!!! that 350 gets me off ?

6. u r female aren't you ? if not, u r a 17-22 yo male.

7. $%(*^)%$P(*%*()(^##*__*^$#
Old 05-01-2006, 09:09 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: bcm157

mustangman2424 do know the name of the person with both? That would be a huge help. Thanks.
His name is jt14894 . Hope that helps!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Wouldn't worry about LeJay. Doesn't sound like he owns a car. Or has finished puberty yet. Or is still resentful of being weaned too soon. Whatever.

Anyway.

In my case, I needed the back seat. As small as it is my 6 year old fits. The SSR I brought home initially had no place for "The Boy". I've also been a huge fan of the 65-70 Mustang era since I was a kid and the styling is killer in my book. I love the retro inside and out.

Accleration is a little better in the Mustang and aftermarket is MUCH bigger. It's very easy to work on too. Compared to my F-150 it's positively roomy under the hood.

The V8 exhaust note is great, without even bothering with aftermarket pieces.

It's satisfying to drive.

My other car is a Mazda 6. It get's lots of accolades for it's chassis and it really is a nice smooth car that is very nimble. Nimble is OK. Nimble is pleasant. My Mustang is a blast.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:11 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

1. if you have owned hi-pro cars and raced autocross, you need no opinions.

2. nothing insulting about my last post

3. this is called a "forum"........... guess what that means ???

4. every venue needs someone exactly like me............ live with it.

5. next time try a little more tact than.... your opening question, as a "newbie". WTF were u expecting ??? go buy the ricer ? i hate my mustang ? oh !!!!!!! that 350 gets me off ?

6. u r female aren't you ? if not, u r a 17-22 yo male.

7. $%(*^)%$P(*%*()(^##*__*^$#
It's OK if your mean and at the same time helpfull, but it doesn't do anybody good if you just say mean things and not give any helpfull or usefull information.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:12 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Nice reply Tracedaddy. Did I insult u in anyway, talk about u ? Give u a hard time ?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

To be honest, I was also in your shoes once, for about 30 seconds. For me I love the mustang, its heritage, the culture around it, and the pure muscle power. I have owned a few stangs, and this one is by far the best ever. The handling, while maybe not as crisp as the Z, is still very impressive, look at fordracing.com, the new stang has won several and placed high in several autocross events. This is going up against Vettes, porsches and the like. Where is the Z in these events? So the stang has a lot more potential.

As far as styling goes I do like the Z, but it is too small, both interior and as a whole. I like having a car around me, feeling a little more protected, and not so stuffed in a can.

For performance, stock for stock mustangs eat up Z's, and when you get into modding the same holds true.

Then there is price, in order to get a Z that comes close to the mustangs performance you have to pay close to 37k, whereas you can get the premium GT for around 28k, that alone should be a major factor for you....in my humble opinion.

So bottom line, You can spend more and get less, the Z, or spend less and get more, the mustang GT.

Thank you and good night
Old 05-01-2006, 09:15 PM
bcm157

Thanks for his name mustangman2424 he shoudl be able to give me some good info. I will check out that thread also.

Quick Reply: serious dilema need imput from owners