Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one installed the Steeda G-Trac Brace?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Default Any one installed the Steeda G-Trac Brace?

Either I got the wrong bolts or the wrong bar....anyone have any installation info, suggestions, or pics???
Old 05-01-2006, 11:16 PM
nghthawk

Default RE: Any one installed the Steeda G-Trac Brace?

Hay Hiboost, i just installed mine last sat. i dont have picts but it was an ez install. the ez to tell u about it is that when installed it will cross over right behind the oil pan on a v-8, you will c where it lines up, it ties the "A" frame together i think the bolts where about 4" long with torque style heads, i got them from steeda. hope this helps
Old 05-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

Hey nghthawk you notice any difference with it on?
Old 05-02-2006, 07:42 PM
nghthawk

well i havent really had a chance to let loose on it yet but i put new springs, tokico's panhard bar and brace so its all new and its a tottaly diferent ride so far,i want to get out and really open her up. but what its supposed to do is tie it all together and make it stiffer and stronger. there is another post all about lowering ur car thats where i got all my ideas. GL
Old 05-02-2006, 08:21 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

I just picked one up but I haven't installed it yet.

It's my understanding that this is a factory part on Convertible GTs...to make up for the flex the body would have without the roof. That makes it seem like a legitimate mod in my mind.

I'm going to hang onto it until the rest of my suspension parts get here, then it's going on the car along with those parts.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Mine just came with regular bolts and about six or so washers....I thought that it was suppose to be mounted on the inner bolt for the rear front control arm mount.... not even close there....
Old 05-05-2006, 02:16 AM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Anyone? Anyone?

Old 05-13-2006, 04:32 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Hey, this may be too little too late, but I just installed mine a few minutes ago. It was very easy.

Procedure goes like this:

1. Jack up the front of the car and secure on jackstands. The front suspension needs to be unloaded.

2. Remove the OEM bolts that secure the inner side of the front lower control arm bushing. There is one bolt on each side of the car. The bolt is oriented vertically, with the bolt head on the bottom (bolt pointing "up") and a locknut on top. The bolts have tabs welded to the head. This keeps the bolt from turning while the nut was installed from the top at the factory. It's easy enough to work around this.

3. The Steeda brace installs in such a way that the new bolts (provided in the kit) go through the brace, then into the frame and the control arm bushing. Hold the brace in place, start the bolts, and snug them down. Once both bolts are in place give 'em a final tightening.

Lower the car and drive off....

A quick note: my kit came with socket-head bolts that take a 12mm hex key. That is a pretty big size--most sets only go up to 10mm. Be sure you have the appropriate size wrench (or socket) before you start.

Old 05-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Did the holes line up? The way it looks like it will mount no support would be given to make the brace affective...
Old 05-14-2006, 06:25 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Yes, the bolts lined up perfectly.

I don't understand what you mean about "no support would be given". Can you clarify that?

Quick Reply: Any one installed the Steeda G-Trac Brace?