Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT owners, Tired of people flashing their brights at you???

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GT owners, Tired of people flashing their brights at you???

+1 for people flashing headlights at me, mostly on a hilly road right by my house and usually when I crest the hill and am higher up then oncoming traffic.

+1 for not bright in the eyes
Old 05-03-2006, 12:04 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Hasn't happened to me yet, I guess people around here don't want to mess with you too much. Plus there are so many driver out there with super bright HIDs on that the headlights of a Mustang would actually be good for their eyes!
Old 05-03-2006, 12:44 AM
BlackPhantomGT
1st Gear Member

the cool thing is if you flash the brights on the fogs lamps go off. If you time it right and do it in succession, you can get people to move out of your lane on the freeway, cuz they think you're an unmarked cop car (depending on your color). Can be fun, but don't get caught. It thought about adding blue and red fog covers just for kicks, but that's probably really illegal. just kidding.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I didn't know that the fog lamps went off when the high beams went on? That's interesting. Though I used to get that a lot, and now I just drive with the fog lamps on. It's bright enough for me to see, so no complaints.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:11 AM
grasshopper
2nd Gear Member

The fogs have just as sharp a cutoff as the headlights, they just send more light to the sides than the headlights do. From the factory, my fogs were about 2-3" higher than the heads at 30ft so that could make them appear to be high beams, especially when viewed a bit off-center.

I couldn't stand driving without the fogs at first 'cos the headlights alone didn't shine far enough ahead. I didn't feel safe at all on rural roads. I adjusted my heads to match the fog alignment and added Sylvania Xtra Vision and I haven't used the fog lights since.

I have never been flashed before or after the realignment though.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:43 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

yeah, the fogs are not bright at over about 2'...mostly they help illuminate the curbs, but are a big help over just headlights for side vision- oncoming a gt foglight looks kinda dim to me, making me think the flashers are just confused by the 4 lamps of same size...had folks with their HID lights flash too- those things are just about blinding even on lowbeam...yet some still insist on driving w highbeams on...
Old 05-03-2006, 02:35 AM
acsteele
1st Gear Member

lotsa deer around here, and the fogs help show eyes. If someone flashes me, I give a quick blink, problem solved. For the weenies that turn their brights back on, well, I've alw likes the oder of their retnas frying.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:20 AM
jet22
2nd Gear Member

lol I have the same problem with my v6 with the gt fogs... thanks I was wondering if it was just the way I installed them
Old 05-03-2006, 11:06 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Part of the problem is their location. Fog lamps belong low on the car so they can spread their beam across the ROAD to aid in driving in fog. I think they should be called DRIVING lights, or better yet, MUSTANG lights

I think it is a problem that 05/6 GT owners (and of course you 6'ers with GT grilles) will just have to endure.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Part of the problem is their location. Fog lamps belong low on the car so they can spread their beam across the ROAD to aid in driving in fog. I think they should be called DRIVING lights, or better yet, MUSTANG lights

I think it is a problem that 05/6 GT owners (and of course you 6'ers with GT grilles) will just have to endure.

HAha, I like that, "Mustang lights"

Quick Reply: GT owners, Tired of people flashing their brights at you???