Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLOWMASTER SOUND-PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 06:49 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FLOWMASTER SOUND-PLEASE HELP!!!!!

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

200 bucks all inclusive? wow that sounds like a great deal. would i have to get them removed again if i decided to put in an o/r H?

the problem is finding a shop around here to do it.

also, which ones would i order? theres so many to choose from lol and im a no0b. all the offsets and pipe sizes, which one did u get?
Well I know there are 3 kinds of the 40 series. Regular 40 series, or just 40 series. Super 40's and Delta 40's. The delta's I think cut down on the drone, but are also a bit quieter. I wanted the regular 40 series because I wanted to be heard. They sound amazing. Compared to the American Thunder kit, they are louder. I think the kit is made like a 40 series, but is more like a delta 40. Atleast I think I read that somewhere. I still have my stock tips, but will soon be getting 3.5 inch chrome tips for a little bit deeper sound.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:10 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

lol well i've already got my heart set on the regular 40 series, the most aggressive, i meant which size, from the 3 listed at the bottom.
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/40_orig.html

or, do u remember the part #?
Old 05-07-2006, 07:15 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

I'm not sure. I think a friend of mine knows which ones, but I can't remember which size he put on mine.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

go with the 3 inch thats what i got on the super 40s, and regular 40s are not louder than the supers, i have a buddy with the same car as me with regular, and i got the super, supers have a much throatier louder sound a lot more aggressive
Old 05-08-2006, 12:21 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

I asked the guy which was louder and he said regular 40's, and that the supers were deeper. I even listened to the samples on the flowmaster sight and the regular ones sounded louder.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:25 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

I take that back, I realize now that I was listening to a different muffler, not the super 40. They do sound a little bit louder, but I still prefer my regular 40s. It has a little bit more of a rumble sound imo.

Straight form Flowmaster themselves......"Standard 40 Series - Two Chamber Mufflers
This is the most “aggressive” sounding street/strip muffler that Flowmaster offers."
Old 05-08-2006, 01:32 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

im not neccessarily looking for ultra deep. see, theres a yellow stang (40th anniversary GT) around here with a beautiful sounding exhaust. its pretty decently loud, and my first instinct was the sound of flowmasters. finally, i caught a light with the guy on the way to school, asked him what exhaust it was, he said flowmasters. should have asked specifics[:@]. its a beautiful sound, and the first time i heard it, im like "i will have this sound. oh yes, it will be mine. ".

rebelyell06 can u post an extremely good quality clip of ur car from the outside?

since people are whining about the flows being too quiet on the 05's, im like oh shiz, now how am i gonna get this sound? this yellow stang of mystery was not quiet. this leads me to believe that my stang would not sound that way with just axlebacks.

i want to be able to hear this car on the inside; the reason i am getting a system is for me to hear it, and secondly to show off. i wanna have drone, noise, roar, etc inside the cabin. according to the flowmaster website, this is a description of the standard 40 series.

people are obsessed with getting an exhaust that sounds as deep as possible, without considering whether or not it actually sounds good. the 281 is not a big motor, its not meant to sound as "deep" as some guys try to make it. the stang has a potential for a totally different sound, IMO, the greatest sound of any modern musclecar. pretty deep, but not as deep as a 350.

the sound im looking for with the flows has like a drone quality even on the outside, and at idle and low RPMS it never drops to a "BLUTBLUTBLUTBLUBLUBTLUBT" sound of the SLP loudmouths,, more of an audible tone, that just steps up when u get on it, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

i am desperate to get this sound on my mustang. this is the second best sounding exhaust on any car on earth IMO, it just sings, and i must find a way to make my stang sound like that.

the best ever is Flows standard 40 series on a 69 camaro SS350 pace car with beefy cams. a sound i'll never forget; my friends dad took me for a ride in it, it was so beautiful, PURE AMERICAN MUSCLE.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:38 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

im not neccessarily looking for ultra deep. see, theres a yellow stang (40th anniversary GT) around here with a beautiful sounding exhaust. its pretty decently loud, and my first instinct was the sound of flowmasters. finally, i caught a light with the guy on the way to school, asked him what exhaust it was, he said flowmasters. should have asked specifics[:@]. its a beautiful sound, and the first time i heard it, im like "i will have this sound. oh yes, it will be mine. ".

rebelyell06 can u post an extremely good quality clip of ur car from the outside?

since people are whining about the flows being too quiet on the 05's, im like oh shiz, now how am i gonna get this sound? this yellow stang of mystery was not quiet. this leads me to believe that my stang would not sound that way with just axlebacks.

i want to be able to hear this car on the inside; the reason i am getting a system is for me to hear it, and secondly to show off. i wanna have drone, noise, roar, etc inside the cabin. according to the flowmaster website, this is a description of the standard 40 series.

people are obsessed with getting an exhaust that sounds as deep as possible, without considering whether or not it actually sounds good. the 281 is not a big motor, its not meant to sound as "deep" as some guys try to make it. the stang has a potential for a totally different sound, IMO, the greatest sound of any modern musclecar. pretty deep, but not as deep as a 350.

the sound im looking for with the flows has like a drone quality even on the outside, and at idle and low RPMS it never drops to a "BLUTBLUTBLUTBLUBLUBTLUBT" sound of the SLP loudmouths,, more of an audible tone, that just steps up when u get on it, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

i am desperate to get this sound on my mustang. this is the second best sounding exhaust on any car on earth IMO, it just sings, and i must find a way to make my stang sound like that.

the best ever is Flows standard 40 series on a 69 camaro SS350 pace car with beefy cams. a sound i'll never forget; my friends dad took me for a ride in it, it was so beautiful, PURE AMERICAN MUSCLE.
My cell phone has an excellent sound recorder and I had already planned to record my exhaust for my ringtone. I'll try to get it posted sometime in the near future. Until then you can always here what they may sound like at Flowmaster's website. Each muffler description comes with a sound clip to play.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:50 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

You guys that say you have no drone with your flowmasters are either deaf, lying, or have no clue what drone is.
Sorry, they all drone.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:52 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

Who said that. Mine has a loud drone. Some don't drone as much as others. Supers don't drone as much as standard and deltas not as much as supers. I personally love the drone, I can't hear my little sister complaining about stuff as much now lol.

Quick Reply: FLOWMASTER SOUND-PLEASE HELP!!!!!