Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLOWMASTER SOUND-PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 03:56 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default FLOWMASTER SOUND-PLEASE HELP!!!!!

why are the flowmasters so damn quiet on the 05's as opposed to the 99-04's? everyone says they're too quiet, and not deep enough on the 05's. ive heard some new edge GT's with just flowmaster catback, and they are pretty LOUD, and i would do anything for that sound. whats the most aggressive flowmaster kit for the 05 GT? why does flowmaster have a $442 kit on their website but on brenspeed its only 300 bucks? is it a different muffler? is there a catback flowmaster system for the 05-06 GT? i am desperate to get that sound on my stang, and i want it to be loud on the inside as well, drone is welcome. they say the 40 series is the loudest and most aggressive, is there a 40 series axleback kit for my 05 GT?

HELP ME!
Old 05-07-2006, 12:37 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: FLOWMASTER SOUND-PLEASE HELP!!!!!

AM,
To the best of my knowledge, the kit on the Flowmaster website is the same as on Brent's site. Same part number. I got mine from Brent about three weeks ago, and love them. However, I will tell you that I do not have interior drone, if you are really looking for that. The interior sound is NOT loud. It's loud enough to adjust the auto volume on the radio, but certainly not much difference from stock. The exterior sound is great, in my opinion. I didn't want to wake the neighbors, but wanted more punch when I put my foot in it. I got just that. They seem to be getting a bit louder with time. I have not had any of the earlier noted issues, i.e. kazoo syndrome (broken internal welds). I was at a signal about a week ago, and almost freaked, when I heard this bizarre exhaust note. Thought WTF, so revved her again, and it was fine. When I finally looked up next to me, there was some guy on a Vespa type scooter sitting there "gunning" his toy

Good luck in your quest for the perfect sound.....

Mike

Old 05-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

i have flowmaster super 40s on my 05 gt with a bassani xpipe, and there is no lack of sound the super 40s are about 125 apiece, its a great deal i very much suggest you get some
Old 05-07-2006, 05:54 PM
XLeatherNeck
1st Gear Member

I love my Flowmasters! You add an aftermarket intake and they sound even better. No interior drone either, so you get the best of both worlds in my opinion.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:06 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

I went with 2 regular 40 series. Mine are almost completely broken in and I love the throaty sound they have. Of course they will sound better with a CAI and headers.....boy I need some money.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:12 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rebelyell06

I went with 2 regular 40 series. Mine are almost completely broken in and I love the throaty sound they have. Of course they will sound better with a CAI and headers.....boy I need some money.

wait, so are yours weld-ins or a kit for the 05 GT? im looking for a kit, but they all say super 40 series, not 40 series, which is the most aggressive.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:16 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

Weld in. 40 series are louder and more agressive imo. Super 40's are not quite as load, but have a deeper sound. Mine were 200 bucks install and everything.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:35 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

200 bucks all inclusive? wow that sounds like a great deal. would i have to get them removed again if i decided to put in an o/r H?

the problem is finding a shop around here to do it.

also, which ones would i order? theres so many to choose from lol and im a no0b. all the offsets and pipe sizes, which one did u get?
Old 05-07-2006, 06:42 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

Well this is what is weird. I saw him doing some welding, but he said they were just clamped on and I can switch out with buddies if I want. Let me go look real quick and see if they are infact welded on.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:46 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

They are clamped on. The welding he did was for the tips. I've about lost my mind. I now remember him telling me he they were just clamped on. He did however, cut the old mufflers off. I think so he coudl have a smoother surface to clamp too or because the 40's were a little bit longer. Not sure.

Quick Reply: FLOWMASTER SOUND-PLEASE HELP!!!!!