Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT x-2 and Live Link

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 02:29 AM
nexusvox

Default SCT x-2 and Live Link

The SCT xcal-2 unit can be connected to a laptop and capture live diagnostic info while driving... via LiveLink . How accurate is the info compared to a dyno diagnostic ? ... actual driving would seem to be a better test than strapped to a giant metal log... Which reading is going to give me the A/F ?

Old 05-09-2006, 09:42 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: SCT x-2 and Live Link

A/F can only be obtained from a wideband which can be integrated into a XCal 2 datalog but only if you buy one. The info a dyno will datalog will pull from the same OBD2 port the XCal pulls from, it is very accurate this is the same info your car uses to run.

Loaded tuning and diagnostics will be better than unloaded, so yes the information gathered on the street or a Mustang dyno is much more useful for tuning than the information gathered on a Dynojet.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:04 AM
nexusvox

Thanks. Is there a thread on this topic elsewhere that I am missing? I would expect a lot of people to be discussing the use of the software since the documentation is basically non existant.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:43 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Personally, I am not impressed with the SCT package. No owners manual came with it. Maybe Im missing something, but I find it impossible to choose what parameters you want to monitor unless you have the whole system plugged into your car and the car is running. wtf??

Comparing it with todays software technology, I give the SCT Live Link software the finger. LOL [sm=rant.gif]

Old 05-14-2006, 02:18 PM
blk05stang
2nd Gear Member

yeah the lack of documentation is lame but there's a message forum on the SCT site that is very helpful
SCT Forums
Old 05-14-2006, 03:00 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: RED121572
Personally, I am not impressed with the SCT package. No owners manual came with it. Maybe Im missing something, but I find it impossible to choose what parameters you want to monitor unless you have the whole system plugged into your car and the car is running. wtf??

Comparing it with todays software technology, I give the SCT Live Link software the finger. LOL [sm=rant.gif]
How else do you datalog with any other system? You have to have a permanent on board computer for datalogging or you have to use something like the XCal2. There is no tool on the market that you can plug into a stock car after the fact and see engine parameters from a prior run. Also, what the heck would you be monitoring if the car isn't running? You can datalog and then review at a later time. I don't know of a product that does it better than the XCal for the same money or ease. With a standalone system you have to typically install aftermarket senders for anything you want to monitor or you have to know the voltage function vs. what is being measured for the stock senders (the Xcal can tell you how much airflow you have for 4 volts at the MAF or the actual temps at the IAT not just the voltage at the sender).