Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone stole my splash gaurds.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 09:32 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Someone stole my splash gaurds.

ORIGINAL: Menace

Oh, I didn't get it obviously... lol. I thought she meant the button on her clicker-majigger. lol.
Hahaha! The best jokes are the ones you have to explain, huh?

Maybe they did fall off. I don't know.. if I stole your mudflaps, I'm not going to wait around and put the screws back on for you.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:37 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

lol there is no trunk release button on 05 mustangs. thats the joke.

They don't come on 06 Stangs either.. kind of lame on Ford's part IMHO

that is a bummer about your splash guards.. man I hate thieves bad.. real bad.. [sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=devilgrin.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]

but at least it sounds like your bumper is still OK

Rex
Old 05-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

If they did fall off I think I would have noticed. Someone would have done some corrective driving in my rear view mirror to avoid something flying at their car that they couldn't explain? The fact that BOTH fell off is something else...
Old 05-12-2006, 11:09 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

If they did fall off I think I would have noticed. Someone would have done some corrective driving in my rear view mirror to avoid something flying at their car that they couldn't explain? The fact that BOTH fell off is something else...
Hmm.. maybe you encountered a thoughtful thief?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:35 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Well he must be a logical thief. He already has screws, didnt need yours I guess. Why steal something you dont need?

You have to really be desperate to do something like that. On top of it, he was obviously there a few minutes working on the car. He must have either cased it or something.

It is hard to believe he would be stupid enough to risk getting caught, because I know if I found someone doing that, the first thing I would do is show him a good place to put those mudflaps on his person.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:37 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

Well he must be a logical thief. He already has screws, didnt need yours I guess. Why steal something you dont need?

You have to really be desperate to do something like that. On top of it, he was obviously there a few minutes working on the car. He must have either cased it or something.

It is hard to believe he would be stupid enough to risk getting caught, because I know if I found someone doing that, the first thing I would do is show him a good place to put those mudflaps on his person.
Not that he had to steal the screws, I'm just wondering why he put them back in... unless you don't have to take them out all the way to remove the flaps.

Are we talking about the molded flaps?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Well, he didnt want the screws to end up in the tires, as he is coming back for those along with the rims next week.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:41 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

Well, he didnt want the screws to end up in the tires, as he is coming back for those along with the rims next week.
Hahaha
Old 05-13-2006, 12:16 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Menace, did you drive in the rain lately? I know water can be pretty hard on mud flaps if you're driving after more than 1 inch of rain has fallen (like when we were driving back from PA that day). I used to have mud flaps on my previous car, rain didn't slow me down much and I could feel how the water would hit those mud flaps sometimes, it would slow me down a bit and make the car pull towards the shoulder. Both of the front ones were about to fall off (one of the screws came out, good thing they had three). I took the mud flaps off after about 6 months and they had made a mess outta the side skirts (the front mud flaps). I gess when the water hit them they would move back and forth a bit so they were slowly removeing most of the paint from the side skirts. I never put them back on after I got that car repainted.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

Chevy lovers... LOL

Maybe the thief took them and told his friends he blew your mudflaps off in a race!
Gets my vote.

Quick Reply: Someone stole my splash gaurds.