Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally, All Done

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 01:29 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Finally, All Done

Aint a damn thing "ricey" about that car, unless ya putta box in the trunk.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:34 AM
sectionV8
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

Hood pins look good here; I personally wouldn't do it; but then again I don't drill holes, I fill them in (lol).
LOL!!!!!!!!

Good man!
Old 05-15-2006, 01:35 AM
sectionV8
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

That rear valance makes it look really ricey though... and... Why are your lanyards tucked under your hood? I don't get that.
I do not agree with the "ricey" thing, but I was also wondering about the lanyards that are tucked under the hood.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:21 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

All around great job man. Good to see people do their own thing. Always did like that hood scoop although I wonder how she would look with a shaker. I bet that would be awesome!!! You'd have to have it painted though to march the gloss of the hood. Anyhow if you do stop there that would be cool cuz you've done a great job.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:37 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

She came out beautiful. Hard to believe this is the same car. Maybe you should add that "before" photo you have, sitting in the shop with the roof and side panels torn off???

Again, great job!! Looks awesome.

Mike
You mean this one?

Old 05-15-2006, 09:39 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: desi777

AWESOME! I have a question, where did you get the GTR syle headlight covers ?
Thank you........The link is in the Non-Performance Accessories stickey in this forum.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:40 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Looks good! What are you planning on getting next?
Nothing.....like it says....ALL DONE.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:46 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Its A Stang Thang

How do you liek the street scene lip? Does it line up with the rocker panels well? Becuase I was considering that as a future mod when I get my GT bumpers installed.
I love that rear lip, it brings the back of the car down a little so it doesn't appear to look quite as high.It all ines up very well. Installation wasn't roo bad, they give you 2 screws and the rest is held on with 3M tape but the body shop added some small screws across the bottom of the bumper to hold it on better.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:08 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Thanks for all your great comments. I was trying to make it look unique with that 69 Boss throw back look like this one.

http://www.graphic-express.com/1969_...02_mustang.asp

I don't really care for the rear window louvers on the mine like the 69. We looked at a couple of different spots for the hood pins and decided where they are because of the location of the hood stripe. We couldn't get a good corner t line up with equal spacing without them being too close. There is a hole next to the rubber hood retainer that keeps up pressure on the hood. We used that one and the alignment was perfect. That made the top piece lay a little on a slant so we drilled out the pin to acommadate that slant. The lanyards are tucked to the side because I don't want them slapping against the paint on the hood. We had to take the front bumper off to put those on because there is a double wall on the radiator support where the pins are installed. The lower wall had to be drilled out larger to get the bolt inside the wall.

I really have to thank Larry Hagedorn who is my wifes cousin and owns Hagedorn Collision and Repair in Hermann MO. He does outstanding work and has advised me on what looks good and what doesn't. After this last adventure with the hail storm that destroyed my car, I wouldn't trust anyone else to work on my baby. He is very particular in the work that he does and it shows on this car.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

WOW BLue...

THAT looks AWESOME!..

I bet your really happy to have a dent free car again!

I do find myself wondering if you could clear coat the side stripes so they are shiny like the hood.

I love the total look of the car!

Quick Reply: Finally, All Done