Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Scenes center light grill mods for 2006 GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 09:11 PM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

Default Street Scenes center light grill mods for 2006 GT

Don't know if this has been covered already or not, but I just put the center Street Scenes GT grill in my 06 GT vert.
It fit OK (not the greatest quality out there, but not too much $$ either) but the brace for the hood catch had to be trimmed to make it so the LH fog light would go back far enough for everything to line up and so the hood would close. There was no way around it. So if you don't want to cut the car a little... you can't put that set up in.
Alittle trim and the set up is installed and looking good. Now onto my Cervini rear spolier.

Mike
Old 05-15-2006, 09:39 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Street Scenes center light grill mods for 2006 GT

Can you please post some pictures of it, I was planning on purchasing that in the future. Also could you direct me to where you purchased from, the price, and a little more info on your cons.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:16 PM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

I got mine from the local Keystone Auto Parts store (speed shop). Cost me $227.
I'll try and get some pix (if it ever stops raining). I like the look, but the fit and finish leave a little to be desired when compared to the factory grill. The metal is pretty cheesy and bends easy and the plastic casting was ugly.
My car is all black so it hides well. If I had a white or a yellow car the flaws of the shape of the grill would stand out a lot more.
It moved the lights where I wanted them for a Shelby look, but the part was damn cheesy (in my opinion).
I'd like to see (and would pay more for) a grill made to the same quality and beef as the factory grill, but with centered lights.
The cutting of the car was not mentioned in the instructions, but it is l;isted as a 2005 part and I put it in my 2006 and as I don't know the differences between a 2005 and 2006 it may not be Street Scenes problem. It may drop right in a 2005.

Mike
Old 05-18-2006, 08:09 PM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

You asked for pix.

Here is the grill installed. Looks nice.
http://www.eastcoastrover.com/DSC09966a.jpg

Here is an example of the gaps I didn't like. I did loosen up the front fascia and move it around to close the gaps. This was the best I could get it. Looks the same on the other side.
http://www.eastcoastrover.com/DSC09965a.jpg

Here is the cut I had to make on the brace that holds the hood catch to fit the LH fog light in. The yellow line is what was originally there. It had to be pretty big to be able to change the bulb in the future.
http://www.eastcoastrover.com/DSC09971a.jpg

Old 05-22-2006, 02:24 PM
GT4HUTCH
2nd Gear Member

There is another company selling the center fog light grill but it has been recalled due to it being wavey at the bottom. 50resto says they have pulled it and won't have the new ones for about 5 months.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Patience?!?

I wish i would have known people on here liked that grill ... there was one point my dad was selling those for 119 plus shipping ... i can see if he's still holding the deal if people want them.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:25 AM
hottymustang
2nd Gear Member

Who is your dad...and if he is still interested in making them lets see some pics of those bad boys!!!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

I ordered my replacement grille from Blue Oval Industries. Yes, it came in with some warping on lower lip, both sides and the middle between the fog lights.

But using some aluminum plates (18" x 2" x 1/8"), some "C" clamps, a torch and lots of cold water I was able to bring warped areas back into line with the rest of the grill.

I will post some before and after pics as soon as I can. I really like the new look of the ceter fogs, the way that it uses the factory material and look and the way everyone stares trying to figure out just what I did this time.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Patience?!?

ORIGINAL: hottymustang

Who is your dad...and if he is still interested in making them lets see some pics of those bad boys!!!!!
They were the street scene grilles for 119 plus shipping ... he got the quote from another dealer that he deals with ... but, he can't remember who was selling them now. But, if anyone wants any 3d carbon parts ... PM me or just reply ... cause my dad has quite a few parts he really ... and I mean REALLY ... wants to get off his inventory.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:39 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

I have the SS grill to match the Gen II bumper. It fit pretty well against the side posts. I'm not sure about hitting the hood catch (I have a 05). I'll let you know when it gets back from the paint shop.

[IMG]local://upfiles/35567/3C12E72FA9D6431486743BC00AA20D2F.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Street Scenes center light grill mods for 2006 GT