Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Drop

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 02:37 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Window Drop

Use the block button, That way you don't have to see his idiotic posts

I haven't read any of his posts in weeks! Also, when you respond to his posts, you just encourage him, which is what he's all about. He just loves the attention. If everyone just ignores him, he'll get even more pissed off, and will disapear. Maybe to another site so he can **** them all off (let's hope for that).

ORIGINAL: Stone

LEJAY

The first post was enough to answer my question and Just IMO

Rather then having to wait for someone to post something you don't like why don't you just go out and buy a puppy so that you can kick it around when ever your in the mood "which I am guessing is most of the time" and save us the displeaser of your presence.

I can't imagine why anyone ever wanted to have your cheery @ss banned.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:23 AM
sectionV8
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

The slight drop is meant to insure the integrity of the seal between your window, and roofline gasket / seal.
If the window didn't come down, you would be smashing the window against the gasket, pushing the window out, and eventually destroying the seal completely.

I would think you get more sh** in your car (as you put it), by just having the door open, getting in and closing it, then the small amount of debris the "window drop" allows.

I'm a smoker, but, have never smoked in any of my vehicles, if you choose to smoke in yours,... buy your own f***ing ashtray and lighter.

Don't yell, "hey FORD", as they can't hear you from this forum. Nor would they give a sh** over your **** complaint,

Have a nice day.

JMO

I also did not vote to ban you (lejay) because i think you are entitled to your opinion, but damn dude. He didn't really think Ford was going to hear him. It's a little thing called comedy. Just because you choose not to smoke in your car, doesn't mean all Mustang owners will not want a drag here or there. I don't care that it's missing a ash tray because I don't smoke, but I certainly understand why a smoker would be upset that there isn't one in there. Hell, I even thought "hey there's no ash tray" when I first got mine too. I like storing money in it. So he wants an ash tray, that doesn't mean he is a worse stang owner because YOU don't smoke in your car. I like the suggestion about blocking his posts. I think I'm gona have to try that, because even though I don't like the attitude you have portrayed, I also feel you have the right to say what you want. But I don't have to see it.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:50 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Stone

Sorry if I missed this some where along the way,

I F**King hate that the windows drop every time I open the blasted doors I am in MN and it is either rain or snow here and every time I open the door it drops wet crap inside my car, So is there a way to make this stop.

Thanks,

P.S. Hey Ford you @ss hats give me back my ash tray you PC SOB's or atleast a lighter.
So a drop or two of rain/snow is a problem for the interior, and smoke isn't
Old 05-16-2006, 01:03 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

me either Stoned, I voted to ban me,... so what's your prob ? Ya started bashing FORD, over a mundane thought.

Damn right I have PMS :

P ositive

M ustang

S uggestions

Unhook the hot to your pwr windows, if it that's cold and sh**tty in MN, you don't need em anyway.
LEJAY,

Somehow, you remind me of Stifler (American Pie). You just tell it like it is and its alright.
Some of your opinions may be a little sarcastic, or extreme, that its almost to the point of being banned so I can understand why people on this forum would want to ban you but, I get a chuckle every once in awhile. If I don't like what someone says, or if I don't like a thread, I just don't read it. Nobody is forcing anyone to read something that they don't like. To me, its better not to reply than to reply, because then the poster will know that you're reading it.
Its simple common sense.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Ok my last comment on this subject since so many people read into what they see instead of just reading it!!

I don't smoke in my car,

I just don't think we should have to pay for something thats always been free I have always used the ash tray for stashing a few extra bucks or small items and I can't think of how many times that dumb lighter has come in handy for everything from opening a new cd in the store parking lot to starting camp fires. I really enjoyed it being there in every other car I have owned and I did buy my own f***ing cup ashtray the same day I got my car and a lighter for the center console because a man that can't start a fire is just an ape in pants.

Your right in the fact I did respond to him, but why should only the @sses of the world have a voice, When good people do nothing then nothing good ever gets done.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

YOU guys are too funny... Lejay loves the attention, and you are taking to the bait like a starved dog therein allowing him to highjack the thread!

Just ignore him... don’t bother to respond.... use the block feature if you must...

Personally - I leave him unblocked because I am actually curious what moronic statement he is going to post next. It provides me with a certain amount of obscure humorous diversion. I just never reply directly at him.

NOW - Regarding the window drop... no, it is part of the design of the car and if/when it stops working you will tear up the seal. Funny that you would mention that though - it has been raining cats and dogs here in St. Louis lately and the drop hasn't caused me any issues at all.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:31 PM
razol
1st Gear Member

I fully support freedom of speech. However, we would all be wise to remember that speech is not free, in the end we pay for everything that we say. If you choose to be crass, so be it, but be prepared to reap what you sow.

Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as if she has laid an asteroid.
-Mark Twain
Old 05-16-2006, 06:00 PM
snogoldi
1st Gear Member

I HAVE PURCHASED 6 NEW CARS SINCE 1998 AND NONE HAD ASH TRAYS[]

ORIGINAL: sectionV8

The slight drop is meant to insure the integrity of the seal between your window, and roofline gasket / seal.
If the window didn't come down, you would be smashing the window against the gasket, pushing the window out, and eventually destroying the seal completely.

I would think you get more sh** in your car (as you put it), by just having the door open, getting in and closing it, then the small amount of debris the "window drop" allows.

I'm a smoker, but, have never smoked in any of my vehicles, if you choose to smoke in yours,... buy your own f***ing ashtray and lighter.

Don't yell, "hey FORD", as they can't hear you from this forum. Nor would they give a sh** over your **** complaint,

Have a nice day.

JMO

I also did not vote to ban you (lejay) because i think you are entitled to your opinion, but damn dude. He didn't really think Ford was going to hear him. It's a little thing called comedy. Just because you choose not to smoke in your car, doesn't mean all Mustang owners will not want a drag here or there. I don't care that it's missing a ash tray because I don't smoke, but I certainly understand why a smoker would be upset that there isn't one in there. Hell, I even thought "hey there's no ash tray" when I first got mine too. I like storing money in it. So he wants an ash tray, that doesn't mean he is a worse stang owner because YOU don't smoke in your car. I like the suggestion about blocking his posts. I think I'm gona have to try that, because even though I don't like the attitude you have portrayed, I also feel you have the right to say what you want. But I don't have to see it.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:58 PM
sarahfro0313
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chipschwab

Its funny i agree with lejay most of the time, its what most of us are thinking but dont say that he responds with. Ever since the post on banning him tho everyone now jumps on the bandwagon with whatever he says and wants to ban him. What is freedom of speach if you cant offend somebody.

+1 i think he is hilarious... in his own way.. hmm
Old 05-16-2006, 09:57 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

The window drop is one of the best features of the car. If you have ever owned a car that had framless side windows without the drop you would know that they never seal quite as tight as framed doors.

That drop, is the solution, and also aids in security.

Quick Reply: Window Drop