Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Drop

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Default Window Drop

Sorry if I missed this some where along the way,

I F**King hate that the windows drop every time I open the blasted doors I am in MN and it is either rain or snow here and every time I open the door it drops wet crap inside my car, So is there a way to make this stop.

Thanks,

P.S. Hey Ford you @ss hats give me back my ash tray you PC SOB's or atleast a lighter.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:16 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Window Drop

no,ifit doesnt move it will mess up the molding or break the window.LOL designed that way you cant help it.

personally i think its cool. everyone is always pointing and looking amazed when they get in LMAO

just open your door slower. pop the handle til the window goes down,then open your dooor.not in one motion
hope that helps
justin
Old 05-15-2006, 11:21 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

The slight drop is meant to insure the integrity of the seal between your window, and roofline gasket / seal.
If the window didn't come down, you would be smashing the window against the gasket, pushing the window out, and eventually destroying the seal completely.

I would think you get more sh** in your car (as you put it), by just having the door open, getting in and closing it, then the small amount of debris the "window drop" allows.

I'm a smoker, but, have never smoked in any of my vehicles, if you choose to smoke in yours,... buy your own f***ing ashtray and lighter.

Don't yell, "hey FORD", as they can't hear you from this forum. Nor would they give a sh** over your **** complaint,

Have a nice day.

JMO

Old 05-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I can see what your saying I spose that it does need to drop to get passed the frame I guess it just bugged me so much that I was blinded to the obvious.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

LEJAY

The first post was enough to answer my question and Just IMO

Rather then having to wait for someone to post something you don't like why don't you just go out and buy a puppy so that you can kick it around when ever your in the mood "which I am guessing is most of the time" and save us the displeaser of your presence.

I can't imagine why anyone ever wanted to have your cheery @ss banned.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:34 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

i think he as PMS all month long

lol jk LeJay
Old 05-16-2006, 12:45 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

me either Stoned, I voted to ban me,... so what's your prob ? Ya started bashing FORD, over a mundane thought.

Damn right I have PMS :

P ositive

M ustang

S uggestions

Unhook the hot to your pwr windows, if it that's cold and sh**tty in MN, you don't need em anyway.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:33 AM
b_hollier
2nd Gear Member

IMO I think Ford got this one right. Chevy still has not come up with a window on any of the sport's cars that does not leak over time because of an improper seal. I think they are great for adding it. Also give Lejay a break maybe he is just having a bad day.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Well I did not vote to ban you but I guess we all make mistakes.

I just don't think we should have to pay for something thats always been free I have always used the ash tray for stashing a few extra buck or small items and I don't think my thoughts are mundane and I will rant anyplace I chose and it does not mean I am bashing Ford I think they do well enough, They sure got the 05 right on.

I may not agree with the way you say things but I would die for your right to say it!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:54 AM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

Its funny i agree with lejay most of the time, its what most of us are thinking but dont say that he responds with. Ever since the post on banning him tho everyone now jumps on the bandwagon with whatever he says and wants to ban him. What is freedom of speach if you cant offend somebody.

Quick Reply: Window Drop