Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 04:53 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default Decisions Decisions

Hey guys, Im new around here. Dont have a Mustang yet but soon.. its coming.. Been readin some threads and learnin some new stuff.

Just got a question thats been buggin me.. I have to make a decision in a few days and I would like some input..

I have to choose between a black GT with the red Aberdeen interior, shaker 500, 18" polished rims, manual
and a satin silver GT with black upgraded leather package, shaker 500, machined 17" rims, and auto.

Theyre pretty much the same except for rims and tranny interior.. price is the same, the rims and leather upgrades make up the
price of the auto.. also the black/red one would have to be shipped in which they said could take 2-3 weeks just cant decide on which one
I would like more. Family says Ill get pissed at manual because of traffic and also Ive heard that the price from 17" tires to 18" ones is quite
steep, "almost double" .. but I really like the black/red scheme.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:04 AM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Decisions Decisions

I don't put much stock into the whole "manuals suck in traffic" thing.
I don't mind it a bit when I'm in traffic.
Manuals are fun and give you more control.
On the other hand, the new auto tranny is a very nice piece of engineering.
My understanding is that a professional driver was only half a second faster with the manual for Fords testing.
Your average Joe isn't going to be able to out shift the auto.
But the auto doesn't have the fun factor.
As far as color scheme, that's up to you.
I like black, but don't care for red interiors.
The silver and black combo sounds good.

If it was me instead of you, I would pick the manual, and learn to live with the red, ha ha.

But it's going to be your car.

Let us know what you decide.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:20 PM
cwall583
1st Gear Member

I drive a 5 Speed in some of the worst traffic in the country. Wouldn't have it any other way. But then I just love driving my Mustang, regardless. Never really considered an automatic. This is strictly personal preference I guess.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:27 PM
RStone13
1st Gear Member

I have Black and I love it, But a pain in the ***. Cleaning all the time.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:45 PM
gregariousgreg
2nd Gear Member

Driving a manual in traffic only sucks if you suck at driving a manual.

My vette has a sloppy gearshift and a very stiff sport clutch and I do just fine in Seattle traffic. The GT I test drove was a breeze compared to it.

Do you know how to drive a manual? If not, this would not be a very difficult car to learn on.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

+1 easy car to learn manual on... I would even let *gasp* a girl do it...

Get whatever car you want. I suspect your family is pushing you towards the Auto because THEY want to drive it too...
Old 05-16-2006, 04:05 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

if you can't tell if you want an auto or a manual then you need to test drive more cars and decide what you really want. They are very different driving experiences, and one is not better than the other. Just different.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:41 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Yeah I learned how to drive on a manual, it was a truck though. Since then, Ive driven a few other different cars manual,
(a couple older GT's and some ricers) just never owned one. My parents both had manual cars and its not a question of whether
I or they can drive it... I think they just dont want me complaining when I have to sit in 45 mins of traffic every day.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:44 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Yeah thats the other reason I was hesitant to get the black, because I go to school and work and Im not really going to have the time to wash it and wax it as often as I should.. I just dont want to get the black and then it look like crap because I dont have the time to take care of it. Then again when it is clean the black is absolutely beautiful.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:48 PM
sectionV8
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwall583

I drive a 5 Speed in some of the worst traffic in the country. Wouldn't have it any other way. But then I just love driving my Mustang, regardless. Never really considered an automatic. This is strictly personal preference I guess.
+1.

Everyone always asks me if driving it everyday sucks and my answer is HELL NO! In my experience, my friends that get automatics always regret not getting manual. The control is good. My opinion, go with the manual. This is also just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Decisions Decisions