Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with rear bumper...advice please......

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 04:25 AM
hottymustang
2nd Gear Member

Default Help with rear bumper...advice please......

Ok, here is my dilemma. I have the Street Scene Gen 1 fron fascia on the car. I need to get a rear bumper of some kind, so it evens out the car. The problem is that I don't like the Street Scene rear becuase I hate the fake diffuser, and I can't seem to find one that I truely like that also matces the lines of the front bumper that I have. So, here is what I have found. I will post the pics, let me know your choice or show me some new ones that I haven't seen yet.

Here goes....

Street Scene one, we have all seen it, and again, I just can't get on board with the fake diffuser. Also it attaches to the bottom of OE bmper. Also, I hate the Gen 2 because it looks like a Civic bodykit.

Xenon, I like it but I think that the line on the bottom of the bumper too closely follows the lines of the whole kit, therefore it will look too out of place withut the whole one on the car.

3D Carbon Boy Racer...don't necessarily like it, and since the kit is a somewhat wide body kit, they don't recommend just one part of the kit being put on the car because it won't match to the lines of the car because it will stick out. Not a fan of that.

3D Carbon part deux....this is the normal kit I guess, still not a huge fan because of the fake diffuser again and all, but an option none the less. And this one like the Street Scene attaches to the bottom of the OE bumper.

As for the "Legend" kit, that is the OE bumper as far as my knowledge takes me.

So please, if you have any other pics of these bumpers, or any other ones that you would like to add, feel free. Any and all questions/comments welcome.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:34 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Help with rear bumper...advice please......

Ouch... You're in quite the situation here...

My vote is to go with the WWW.Cervinis.COM side exhaust kit. It includes a piece that fits over your stock bumper, eliminating the old holes.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:28 PM
hottymustang
2nd Gear Member

I do like the Cervini's kit, and I totally spaced on putting that as an option....duh....but I would have to use their exhaust setup with it being the side exhaust, and I am getting the SLP's. Unless I can use the SLP's with the Cervini's then that would be awesome! Does anyone know the answer? I will look on the Cervini's website.

Keep is coming boys.....I need some help here....!!!!

UPDATE--------The Cervini's uses a 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust system with Magnaflow mufflers and a polished aluminum tip.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:41 PM
hottymustang
2nd Gear Member

No one has any input on this at all? Seriously?
Old 05-24-2006, 04:00 AM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Xenon is the one I like and I like it's lines. I don't like the diffuser lines either.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:07 AM
GM Supercar
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hottymustang

I do like the Cervini's kit, and I totally spaced on putting that as an option....duh....but I would have to use their exhaust setup with it being the side exhaust, and I am getting the SLP's. Unless I can use the SLP's with the Cervini's then that would be awesome! Does anyone know the answer? I will look on the Cervini's website.

Keep is coming boys.....I need some help here....!!!!

UPDATE--------The Cervini's uses a 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust system with Magnaflow mufflers and a polished aluminum tip.

That kit is hot.