Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Handling Package..

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 04:16 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Default Ford Handling Package..

Has anyone bought and installed the Ford Handling Package package..i am very interested in it.
Supposed to be used on the FR 500 car...

Looking for any input on it...Thanks....
Old 05-24-2006, 05:21 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Handling Package..

The Handling Pack is *NOT* used on the FR500.

The FR500 has no strut tower bar. It also has coil over shocks/springs with remote reservoirs on every wheel...very expensive $$$$ There is an article about it here:

http://mustang50magazine.com/feature...fr500c_mustang

As for the pack itself, the same magazine (web site) did an article on it, but I don't recall the link at the moment.

In my opinion, it's not bad, but I'd rather pick and choose my individual aftermarket parts to put together a similar, but better kit.

For example:

BMR strut tower brace $190
Steeda springs $250
Toikco D-spec shocks $600
Steeda or Eibach sway bars $350

Total: 1390. I belive that's less than the FRPP kit, and all the parts are better than the Ford ones. The D-spec shocks especially, are far superior to the Ford shocks. They are also fully adjustable, which is an additional advantage.

Plus, if you're looking for handling mods I'd consider an aftermarket panhard bar (BMR or Spohn gets my vote) and Tubular lower control arms (again, BMR or Spohn).
Old 05-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I've seen the FRPP suspension kit range from $1000 to $1150. The aftermarket I'm sure has better products but I would like an entire kit that is designed to work together like Eibach, Steeda, Etc..
Old 05-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

I got it for $1039.89 from StangSuspension.

Acording to a thread on TMS, the FRPP Suspension package is mostly Eibach, (springs and sways). The dampers are tuned by Multimatic Motorsports, same company that tuned the FR500C car. Don't ask me what that means...

Im curious to see how much trouble I will have installing this thing, as most have noted putting new springs in the vert is a little more difficult due to the extra bracing under the car.

I'll be adding BMR LCAs, relocation brackets, panhard support bar, adjustable panhard bar, steeda bumpsteer, and steeda camber adjusters as well... gonna be a whole new car... oh, and a Pro 5.0 short-throw for me!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:31 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

I've seen the FRPP suspension kit range from $1000 to $1150. The aftermarket I'm sure has better products but I would like an entire kit that is designed to work together like Eibach, Steeda, Etc..

I wouldn't worry very much about "designed to work together". That is basically marketing garbage.

A strut tower bar is a strut tower bar. There is no "tuning" involved with that. Get the BMR, it's a lot sturdier than the Ford.

About the only thing that there could be "work togetherness" between is the shocks and the springs. However, the Tokiko shocks--which are just plain nicer than the FRPP ones--are fully adjustable, so they will work properly with ANY springs or sway bar--not to mention that you can adjust them to suit your driving conditions.

The FRPP springs + shocks are not bad, but if you're going to drop $1000+, throw in the extra and get the Toikcos. I think Brenspeed is selling them for $550 shipped. There may be cheaper places out there too...
Old 05-25-2006, 06:55 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the input..

I think your all right about building with the pieces, and for a couple hundred more it seems like
the right choice..
Old 05-26-2006, 02:37 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Didn't I read that the upcoming GT-H rental car has that suspension upgrade? Got to be better than stock, right?
My rear end is causing much concern lately- It makes much more noise than before. Hopefully I can get the dealer to give me a deal on the suspension package when I take it in with my long list of complaints.