Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about going topless

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 04:05 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking about going topless

Two different vehicles, two different life styles. Either one and
I'm sure you will be happy.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Madcow5x5

Very new to the Mustang scene as this is my very first one but I say Vert all the way....There is nothing like it. Everything looks different and the feel is beyond words. Not ever going to race mine but I'll end up modding a little.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:28 PM
persistantthug
2nd Gear Member

Vert Mustangs are nice for sure.......as long as it's a GT
Old 05-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

Well, test drove the Satin Silver vert today...

05, has MyColor option (my current Sonic Blue doesn't), auto, only one small ding on front fender (same as mine)...it was fun driving a bone stock GT again, got to remember what it was like before my CAI and tune...BIG difference.

After ALL the smoke cleared on the negotiations...I could own the vert for $40 more in my monthly payment, with very little down. I didn't do it...

It was awesome, and truthfully, I might end up just "stopping in" at the dealership tomorrow for another test drive...but it just didn't look as good as my car!
I know to each his/her own, and some definitely don't like my cars "theme", but I've grown to LOVE how the Sonic Blue looks with the black rims/limo tint, etc...I spent about 30 mins with both cars parked facing eachother trying to make the Silver vert look "meaner"...or even stand out from the crowd a little more, just couldn't do it...at least not enough for me to sign on the dotted line today.

Maybe tomorrow? We'll have to see...If I start drinking tomorrow evening, I just might end up over at the dealership again with a designated driver of course...do they let you sign the papers if your drunk? [8D]

Old 05-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

Oh yeah...thx for all the great info/comments...
Old 05-25-2006, 09:17 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

Only get a convertible if you think you can keep the top down more than it's up.

I'm surprised at how many convertible owners who have posted on this thread are showing photos of the car with the top up. What's wrong with you people?

Personally, I think convertibles are more fun. I just feel better driving it with the top down.

(And the only reason the '95 in my signature photo has the top up is that it's sort of my daughter's car and I couldn't get the keys from her when I wanted to take the photo of the two cars together. Normally, they reside about 200 miles apart.)
Old 05-25-2006, 09:28 PM
JS06GTvert

As a female with a '06 GT vert, buy the vert. Honestly, I believe a lot of convertibles are chick cars.... Mini, Sebring, Miata.... this car doesn't have that look and it darn sure has a he*l of a lot more sound and power than the typical chick car. Not only that, I see a LOT more guys driving the verts than women (and not necessarily with a lot of mods).
Old 05-25-2006, 10:54 PM
ral8667

I love my new 06 Conv GT. This is my 3rd Conv, and the GT is the best of them. I have a 1 1/2 year old, and his car seat fits in the back. He seems to really like the open air, but not the sun.

Go for it!
Old 05-25-2006, 11:34 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Quick, name another convertible currently selling that holds 4 in relative comfort, has a throaty V8 w300 hp, has an immense heritage and turns heads like the mustang for 30 grand!

[IMG]local://upfiles/16153/D20E455B5B144CF1A0F1FDCAEAE28C1F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-26-2006, 12:15 AM
b_hollier
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

Agreed they are great with the top down, and ugly as hell with it up. While the coupe is gorgeous all the time.
JMO

My wife and I have a Vert. Nice when the top is down but it does look funny with the top up. I still do not regret getting it. Nice to go topless.

Quick Reply: Thinking about going topless