Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Woes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 12:16 AM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

Default Dealer Woes!!!

Has anybody had this experience?

I went to the dealership today to turn in my smoking 06 Gt. When I get there I spoke with my buddies in the service department and I was describing my problem to the tech.

To my surprise he said... Is it a stick, Is the smoke blue and smells like fuel?
I said "yea...exactly"
He said, well put your car in line cause we have another one over there doing the same thing and when we find out what is wrong with that one we'll be able to fix yours.
I said, cooooolllll.

So I go to the service writer (more like service dork). I tell him that the car smokes and it does it mostly in the morning.
He said, so if I crank it up now it will do it.
I said I don't know, it picks and chooses when it wants to do it.
He said immediately, well if it doesn't do it then there is nothing I can do.
I said oh, don't worry about it, I have it on video.
He said, I won't do you any good, if it doesn't to it for me then there is nothing that I can do for you.
I said even though I have it on video and you have another car in there doing the exact same thing that you won't do anything about it
He said again, If it doesn't do it for me then there is nothing that I can do about it.

Needless to say I'm not a hothead and it takes a lot to get me mad, but I was so mad that I lit into him so bad that the salespeople had to come out there and break it up. I told him that I use to be a technician for Lincoln and I know what goes on with Ford and the warranty pay back. I wasn't going to put up with them trying to get out of fixing the car like they did the Lincoln Towncar and that was one reason that I didn't want to but another new Ford was because of their sorry service.

That was one thing they assured me that I wasn't going to have a problem with and that was service after the sale.
Sorry about the long post, but I had to vent. I know they probably think I'm a jerk now, but they had to know that I wasn't going to be taken advantage of.

Have any of you had this problem with your dealer?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer Woes!!!

If the dealer cant duplicate the problem, how the hell do you expect him to fix it? magic wand? Diagnostic dice?
I would ask you to leave it for a few days and see if we can get it to do it, but,
If you came into my shop and got all pissy I would have showed you the door, or a breaker bar.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:48 AM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

That's a good one, magic wond...diagnostic dice! Good one!
I would like to see you go to your dealership with all those mods that you did and see if you get your car fixed, maybe with "get out of my shop with those mods deck of cards".

Not all of us have a shop of our own to fix our cars when they break like you do, nor do we have the money to replace the engine when we put too many mods on our cars, so we have to rely on our warranty to fix the car. IT SMOKES GUY!!!! Give me a break!

If anybody EVER took a breaker bar to me!!!!!!! You can figure out the rest buddy![>:]
Old 05-26-2006, 12:57 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Seriously, they do have diagnostic dice, I have a set myself for those customers that demand a fix, or dont want to pay the diagnostic fee. I just give them the dice and tell them to give em a roll.

http://www.creativedice.com/productinfo.html

I deal with dealers everyday all day, I have people in high places to Git er dun

The service dork prolly was rude and presented it wrong, which does happen alot with dealers unfortunatly, so I can feel for ya.
Hope it gets straightend out.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:06 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

I owned a volvo before this and service was incredible. If I had a problem like yours, they would have said leave the car for a few days and we will see if we can reproduce the problem. Domestic car dealers have a bad reputation overall and its an attitude such as this that proves it. I don't think any one expects them to wave a magic wand or throw some diagnostic dice, but sometimes it akes a little effort to reproduce the problem. I don't know anyone who would willingly fabricate problems and inconvenience themselves by relinqushing their car to a dealer for a few days to have an imaginary problem diagnosed.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:01 AM
presley

I've got a 2006 GT that does smoke at times on start after it has sat a few days. I have also had some sort of light ticking noise coming from the engine and at first the field tech said it was an injector amplified through the exhaust. When I did not buy that one they took another look and was told to replace rocker arms and valve spring in the #8, this did nothing and they are now replacing my engine with only 1700 miles on it (cannot determing what the noise is or where exactly it is coming from). Dealership has been outstanding for me, hate to hear of your dealings with your dealership.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:54 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

ive noticed many cars smoke in the morning from sheer temperature....

also, its just the engine sitting i think.....my dads brand new F150 does it sometimes...goes away in a little bit...its not liek a friggin chimney but u can see smoke from the exhaust pipe....i see my next door neighbors new nissan doing it i nthe middle of the day too......if its not effecting anything and does it only when u start it up and then goes away....its probably not really a problem......MHO
Old 05-26-2006, 03:13 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Well, I just took my car back in for the 3rd time today for the same damn thing. My A/C keeps clicking on and off real loud. I brought it this morning at 8AM, he said let me hear it. I told him it won't do it when it's still cool out. (A cool florida morning is like 72) Well,Of course it didn't do it. I told him it wouldn't, it's not hot enough outside yet. Anyway that was the tird time it was back for the same problem, everytime they told me something was wrong they didn't know what. Yea, of course they didn't, so he said "I'll try to see If i can figure it out this time!!"

Me. Give me my keys back
Tech. Where are you going?
Me. Apparently you dont give a **** what's wrong, this is the third time here for the same problem, and I'm sick of thism the car is brand new !
Tech. Well, this is a rare problem and alot of diagnosing is involved.
Me. Wow, and I care why, that's your job, If I wanted to diagnose all day I'd be a Tech don't you think you should at least take pride in what you do.
Tech. Sir, this has nothing to do with pride.
Me. That's fine, I don't care, give me my keys I'll go to orlando where they have real dealerships.
Tech. No no no that's not necessary just give us one more chance.
Me. If it's not fixed when I come pick it up, there's going to be a major problem on your hands, seeing as how you just signed a paper stating you gurantee It will be fixed.
Tech. Sir, I would not lie.
Me( under my breath) Yea, and I'm a cheap french *****
Me. Fine. Oh BTW, here is the TSB for the problem with my rear end I told you about earlier.
Tech. What.....(mass confusion dawns on him) where did you get this.
Me. Don't worry about it, the point is I have it, and I know what's wrong, so at least now I dont have to hear "We don't know what's wrong it's not making that noise"
Tech. Well......ummmm.....I'll...ummmm.............duuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh
Me. Your service manager told me to talk to him If I had anymore problems out here so I suspect all my problems will be dealt with accordingly.
Tech. Oh, you know him...well everything will be perfect I promise.

So, whatever he got the point, I'm not retarded so dont keep screwing with me and my car.
Driving home no less than 10 mins later he called and told me he just did some research on my A/C problem and said he Just so happend to come across a TSB for my exact problem.

WOW, I was shocked, shocked to figure out they must have just so happend to not tell me or perform the tasks on that TSB the FIRST TWO TIMES I BROUGHT MY CAR IN FOR THE SAME DAMN PROBLEM. Kind of a funny world we live in. When you have some knowledge of their game, and what they "should be fixing" the tables turn and they come begging to you like little babies......man what a good day !!!

Knowledge = Power
Old 05-26-2006, 03:24 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

If the dealer cant duplicate the problem, how the hell do you expect him to fix it? magic wand? Diagnostic dice?
I would ask you to leave it for a few days and see if we can get it to do it, but,
If you came into my shop and got all pissy I would have showed you the door, or a breaker bar.
Try having a crybaby pilot who wants you to duplicate a problem that only occurs at mach 1.5 at 30,000ft. Sad thing is we HAVE to find SOMETHING wrong. Oh and we call breaker bars attitude adjusters.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:28 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Sweet! Do you get to test drive it!?!?!
Or at least have him fly it and you go with!?!?!

Quick Reply: Dealer Woes!!!