Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disadvantages of a clean car

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:44 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

Default Disadvantages of a clean car

I washed my car last week, got it all nice and clean, then it rained and after driving it on wet roads it needed to be washed again.

So I washed it again a couple of days ago, got it all perfect looking and all, and now I don't want to drive it anywhere and take the chance of getting it dirty. I was thinking of driving to the beach with the top down, but then I would have to wash the salt spray off of it. And driving anywhere else would squish bugs on the front of it.

I'm sure that sometime over the weekend I'll get over it and properly enjoy the perfect "Convertible Weather" that we're having currently.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all of you.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:00 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Disadvantages of a clean car

Mine gets dirty just by looking at it.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:01 PM
05gtrules
1st Gear Member

I know the feeling. Especially with a black car, I spend all day detailing, only to take it out and need a wash the next day or so... AHHH!!! Oh well, at least it looks great for a few days. I enjoy detailing my car, so it's not so bad...
Old 05-26-2006, 03:10 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I have the Vista Blue and dark colors are hard to keep clean. My car hasn't seen rain and I got it last Sept. It gets dirty just parked in my garage, well dusty.
I really enjoy waxing and buffing it, so that's fine. I got it just to drive on good days when I can enjoy the ride. I have a newer Explorer to take when I just need to get there.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:22 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

I know the feeling. Especially with a black car, I spend all day detailing, only to take it out and need a wash the next day or so... AHHH!!! Oh well, at least it looks great for a few days. I enjoy detailing my car, so it's not so bad...
+1, even with Mineral Grey. Funny thing is, and it may just be my imagination, but since I took the time to Clay Bar my car, it seems to stay cleaner longer. I suppose it's possible, since the clear coat is smoothed out, and the contaminants don't stick like they used to??

Mike
Old 05-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Topless05PonyGT

+1 And I'll go you one better...Yesterday, around dusk, I had just finished washing and was almost finished drying mine and I heard a soft thud and a bird chirp and I looked at my shiny clean hood and there was the biggest splat of bird crap I had ever seen in my life....Had to wash the hood and re-dry the whole car....I think I'm gonna cut down all the trees at my place!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/35387/018C2AF7035849E6BB19FDD7B3F9747D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-26-2006, 05:46 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

I feel the pain of the Blackies and Vista Blues.....Sonic is super hard to keep clean/dust-free. Seems like there is a magnetic force that pulls all the dust back on after you wipe it off. And then there are the water spots from the water in the mirrors that the car wash place always forgets...then they run along my door panel when I take off. Arrrrggggh!

I know I am in dire need of a wax job....maybe (as the post about the claybar mentioned) having wax on keeps the dust from sticking.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I wash my car once or twice a week.. AND.. "Duster" it every morning before driving to work and again before heading home!
Old 05-26-2006, 06:57 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

Once a car is clean it can only get dirty. I've come to the conclusion that my car will never be clean it's only cleaner that it will be in ten seconds. Weekly washing, daily dusting and quick detail after every trip helps keep it clean but it's gonna get dirty no matter what you do. Went to the trouble of cleaning the garage with a shop vac, it helped with the dust but will have to be repeated. I only drive it when there is no chance of rain or snow and the roads are clean. Oh well, I wanted a black Mustang and I do like detailing it on a regular basis sooo ....... it's a match made in heaven.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicStanGirl

I feel the pain of the Blackies and Vista Blues.....Sonic is super hard to keep clean/dust-free. Seems like there is a magnetic force that pulls all the dust back on after you wipe it off. And then there are the water spots from the water in the mirrors that the car wash place always forgets...then they run along my door panel when I take off. Arrrrggggh!

I know I am in dire need of a wax job....maybe (as the post about the claybar mentioned) having wax on keeps the dust from sticking.
Hey SonicStanGirl...the "duster" treatment works wonders on the Sonic Blue, I use it most mornings before hittin' the road...I've actually experienced the opposite with a freshly waxed car, it seems to attract the pollen like crazy, won't wipe off unless you use the magical California Car Duster.

hhhmmmm, this thread has me thinking............yep, see ya!! it's the perfect time for a nice cold brew...some Classic rock...and a Stang car wash/detail in my driveway, plus it'll help get that Vert that I test drove today out of my mind.

Quick Reply: Disadvantages of a clean car