Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING: DO NOT USE MUSTANGTUNING.COM!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 05:37 PM
06GT

Default WARNING: DO NOT USE MUSTANGTUNING.COM!!

NOTE: Please see post # 43

I just WASTED $700 on wrong size tires (their recommended tire) and another $25.00 on Bullit lug nuts that DO NOT FIT!!

When I called them they talked over top of me speaking and would do nothing about it!

Old 05-26-2006, 05:42 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Default RE: WARNING: DO NOT USE MUSTANGTUNING.COM!!

what size tires with what rims? talk to them about it again, they are one of our sponsers here
Old 05-26-2006, 05:49 PM
ratzila
2nd Gear Member

What tire & wheels did you order from them?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:00 PM
linernotejunky
2nd Gear Member

i have had no issues with them.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:18 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: linernotejunky

i have had no issues with them.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:03 PM
tadi
1st Gear Member

Same, zero issues. I ordered wheels from them and everything was great.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:01 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 06GT

They are a rip-off, plain and simple! I just WASTED $700 on wrong size tires (their recommended tire) and another $25.00 on Bullit lug nuts that DO NOT FIT!!

When I called them they talked over top of me speaking and would do nothing about it!

STEER CLEAR of this outfit!!
What size tires did they send you?

Are you having any luck gettng this resolved? I would like to know because I am in the market for some new runner and I sure would not want to buy from a company who treats their customers that way.

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

what size tires with what rims? talk to them about it again, they are one of our sponsers here

Thanks for the support of the sponsors mustangman. We really appreciate that sort of thing but those guys are not with us anymore.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:09 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

For what it's worth, I ordered wheels from Mustangtuning and they were shipped very promptly. The service they gave me was top notch.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Soooooooo what size tires were they?
Old 05-26-2006, 08:37 PM
06GT

Perhaps your experience might be different, maybe something has changed, but mine went bad!

I orderd last week, received this week, and I contacted them today.

I ordered about $1600 worth of stuff- 18x10 chrome deep dish bullits for the rear, 18X8 chrome deep dish bullits for the front, with their (only) tire recommendations mounted and balanced with a set of 20 bullit lug nuts.

Problem number 1 that I expected them to do something about was that some of the lug nuts fit and some do not. The ones that fit are stamped 1/2-20 and the ones that do not are stamped 12x1.5.
I was told that this wasn't their fault, that it must be a manufacturing defect, and they could send me new ones but I'd have to pay the shipping!!

Problem number 2 that I did not ask them to do anything about but wanted them to know was that the their recommended tires (which I purchased) are 35 series,
which makes them significantly smaller in diameter than the oem wheels (285/35-18 vs. 235/55-17, check it out)... they look ridiculously small on the car, most especially the rear, and yes my car is lowered even.

Problem number 3 was that the guy I spoke to was not even the very least bit apologetic, clearly could care less what I got or whether or not I was happy with it, and most of all he kept talking over top of me before I finished speaking!!

I was annoyed when I called them, but not pissed off. I basically expected them to send me lug nuts that fit and say "I'm sorry you don't like the tires, but we can't take them back". What I got was somebody that could care less if I dropped dead, much less about the stuff I bought from them!!

What I posted was my experience and my recommendation... my online vendor review as it were. If I had read someone elses like this I would not have bought from them. Why do I need to pay $1600 to get grief from some shop that doesn't care about me??

On the home front, I just had a Mustang guy walk up to me in the grocery store parking lot not 30 minutes ago and say "your car looks clean, man... but you need some bigger tires on those back wheels to fill up the well..."
For what its worth, I've talked to a Corvette buddy of mine, and found a local shop that does great on chrome rims, and he is setting me up with a set of Nitto NT 555s which will fit the car appropriately, which is what (I know now) that I should have ordered to begin with.. (separately I suppose). That's a $725+grief lesson.

Maybe I'm the only order that ever had bad parts in it, and the only guy to ever not like their tires, but if that was the case why give me such a hard time about it?? Why not just say "I'm sorrry, we'll get you a good set of lug nuts out ASAP. I'm real sorry you don't like the tires, I'll tell the owner, but I don't think we can take them back." -?? And since I'm the ONLY one unhappy with them then why not say "If you're willing to give us another chance maybe I can get you a discount on your next purchase" ??

Well, that ain't what I got!!

Bart

Quick Reply: WARNING: DO NOT USE MUSTANGTUNING.COM!!