Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with lower control arms

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Default Problem with lower control arms

Hello.
I installed BMR LCAs last weekend. Washing my car today I noticed something. Looks like my back right is turned a little bit inward.
In addition it seems like the axel is not centered 100%.

Did I do somethign wrong? Problem with the LCAs?

Could a realignment take care of it?
Old 05-27-2006, 10:53 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Problem with lower control arms

Did you set the length of the LCAs before you installed them (assuming you bought adjustable ones)?
Old 05-27-2006, 11:36 PM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

aparently the axel is not centered from the factory. the panhard bar sets this position, not the LCAs

Ty
Old 05-28-2006, 12:19 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mongrull006

aparently the axel is not centered from the factory. the panhard bar sets this position, not the LCAs

Ty
This is unlikely. We don't know the setup on Steve's car, there is no way we can be sure what the cause is yet.

If he's lowered his car without switching to an adjustable panhard, then it's possible it's just the Panhard bar. It is extremely unlikely for the panhard length to be wrong if the car is not lowered.

Also, if the lengths of the LCAs are not correct (or not the same) then it can skew the axle to one side or the other--in addition to, or in place of, the panhard bar.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

No suspension mods. The non adjustable LCAs.

It honestly looks to me like the control arms may be a tad too short.
I am kinda confused on it, but I am emailing BMR and see what they say.
Granted the axle moved a tad bit when I took the factory off, but there is no play in the bushings at all. Looks like it would have gone back to where it should have.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:05 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Wow, no mods and non-adjustable LCAs. I'd definatley contact BMR.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

I contacted the company. I am kinda concerned about it.
Oh well - I have my stock rubber on it now anyway due to it having an appoitment for a new transmission under warrenty (you dont want the details )
Old 05-29-2006, 01:10 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Steven6095

Oh well - I have my stock rubber on it now anyway due to it having an appoitment for a new transmission under warrenty (you dont want the details )
Oh, Do tell.....
Old 05-29-2006, 02:47 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

ORIGINAL: Steven6095

Oh, Do tell.....
+1
Old 05-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

First of all my dealer has been wonderful. Not a problem at all, but my poor car has had several issues

I had a whine from somewhere in the drive train. Dealer and I both thought it was the gear TSB.
They let me bring then 3.73s and a t-lok and they handled it under warrenty for me

Then the noise continued. They replaced about every bearing on the drive line, dropped the transmission twice.
They swear it is not the gears.
They called in two ford engineers. One engineer said he had heard this before with the 05s. Something inside the tranmission case is JUST BARELY hitting the inside of the case.
They have the parts on order and said I could do no more damage so I picked it up until they could get the parts.
Now there is a new noise I have never heard before that frankly sounds like my gears unless they made the transmission noise worse having the case opened twice.

That was over 4 weeks. Now add the fact my gears may be put in wrong. Now the LCAs did not work right (still waiting for email but it is a Holiday), plus the fact I am regretting my Borla exhaust due to it being too loud for my taste and I am one very unhappy mustang owner [sm=smiley19.gif]
Oh I forgot to mention the dash, etc rattling so much it sounds like a clunker instead of a mustang. AND!!! My tint is scratched up and the place I bought it from blames me and says it does not need felt. And yes I took it to the most recommended and proffesional looking place around me. The job was done wonderfully but has scratched horrible.

Quick Reply: Problem with lower control arms