Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For discussion - what is YOUR Pet Peeve!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 11:20 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default For discussion - what is YOUR Pet Peeve!

Are there things people do while driving that bug you?

These are mine.....

((I know, this is an Off Topic, but many of the people in here don't go there!))

People driving down the road talking on their dayum cell phone not paying ANY attention to their driving.

People who hurry to close the hole as you are trying to enter the highway from an off ramp. THEN slow down after you get behind them.

People who will NOT keep pace with traffic on a 2 lane road when you can’t pass because of miles of double yellow lines.

People who sleep through short stoplights. (In front of you of course!)

People who pace the car next to them at 43mph in a 50mph 4-lane road.

People in heavy traffic making a right in front of you onto a 4 lane road, and wait until there is NOTHING coming for as far as they can see in BOTH lanes, before they will make their right and get out of your way.

Tractor Trailers riding my *** on the highway, and I’m boxed in!

Cops that pull people over on narrow roads with no shoulder, for minor violations, during rush hour!

The jerk behind me with the super bright, ultra white, high beam headlights that are aimed high!

The guy that will go 80 in a 60 to pass you, then slam on the brakes and drive 50 after he gets in front of you.

People on a 4 or 6 lane highway who like to drive over the lane dividing line – causing you to have to wander into the next lane to avoid side swiping them as you pass.

People who drive partly on the shoulder in front of you, throwing all the shoulder crap all over your car.

People who throw crap out of their window – especially when I am on my motorcycle behind them!

People who make a left hand turn, with their right hand blinker going! (or right / left!)

People who run down the road with their blinker on!

People who sort of meander in a parking lot (Walking or driving) in such a way nobody can guess exactly where they are going to go, so everyone stops until the guy gets out of their way.

Women, putting their makeup on while going down the highway!

Women, turned around backward talking to their baby in the back seat while going down the highway!

Women, digging in their purse at a short stop light!

Old 05-31-2006, 11:50 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: For discussion - what is YOUR Pet Peeve!

A$$HOLES that don't use their turn signals.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:06 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

oh ****, i was just talking about a-holes who don't signal. i hate that crap. also, i had some jackass accelerate past me on a 2 lane street going in the wrong lane then proceeding to slam on his brakes in front of me at the stop sign. oh! and people who pull out of a shopping center driveway and don't bother to go into the 2 empty lane and then go from 0 to the speed limit in 39.5 seconds.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:18 PM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

Women, turned around backward talking to their baby in the back seat while going down the highway!
Wait until you have kids... I'm guilty of this one and it really is just a fact of life with kids.
Luckily the Mustang is so small that I can pretty much reach the boy without having to turn around.

here is mine:
People going 45 in a 55 that won't move over into the "Slow vehicles keep right" passing lane on the hills around here. If you flash them to try and get them to politely move over, they give you the finger. Pass them on the inside after you are sick of waiting and they floor it to try and make sure you can't get around. When I do get around they flip on the hi-beams and try to tailgate. Usually happens with the junk 2 wheel drive pick ups around here.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:19 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

I'm goin down the interstate cruise set,... in rt hand lane, someone is passing at 1-2 MPH faster, they run damn near "door handle to door handle", until I have to brake to avoid hitting the car / truck in front of me. If they want to pass, pass dammit !

Similar situation, cruise set, someone passes, pulls in front slows down, I pass, then they pass, I pass, then they pass. Odd thing is, I haven't changed my cruise setting. But, these idiots run anywhere from 65-80 without a friggin clue !

F***ing trucks that think they own the road. It's OK when they go 54MPH uphill in the fast lane, but, Heaven help you if you're going downhill @ 72, and they want thru.

F***king trucks that turn rest areas into truck stops.

F***king trucks that whip into the fast lane to allow another truck to merge, when they have all the room in the world.

For the most part f***ing trucks PERIOD.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:29 PM
05CLASSIC
2nd Gear Member

CARS IN THE PASSING LANE, NOT PASSING ANYBODY-JUST CAMPING OUT IN THE PASSING LANE. ESPECIALLY TRUCKS--IN THE PASSING LANE, TAKING THERE TIME, IN THE LEFT LANE, UP HILL, KNOWING AT THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY GO FASTER-LET ALONG PASS ANYBODY!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 12:30 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

I hate people that slow down going over bridges!![:@]I mean i could understand if it was raining but come on its just an elevated road DRIVE!!! I hate ricers that weave in and out of traffic too!!!!!![:@][:@][:@]
Old 05-31-2006, 12:40 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Here's mine:

Cell phones: if it's not a LIFE OR DEATH emergency, turn the damn thing off.

People who tailgate and then pass you, only to drive no faster than they were originally going once they pass.

People who don't signal when changing lanes or turning. (or leave their blinker on when they're going straight)

People who can't figure out how to properly aim their headlights (especially jacked-up trucks or ricers with really bright bulbs)

People that fool around with food, makeup, the radio, or whatever the heck else instead of DRIVING.

Dumbasses who can't figure out what lane they need to be in beforehand, so they are forced to cut across multiple lanes of traffic at the last minute in order to make their turn.

Rubbernecking

******** who improperly overload their dilapidated old trucks and trailers with all kinds of junk, such that it falls off into the road while driving.

People that haul sand or gravel in their truck or trailer without covering it up, so the wind blows it out and onto the vehicles behind them.

Is it OK to mention cell phones again??
Old 05-31-2006, 01:30 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

I think Professor Wizard got most of mine in his list.

I also hate the people going slow in the slow lane of the freeway, then I come down the on ramp and have plenty of room to merge in front of them, but NOOOO, they get that "your not getting in front of me" face and speed up, put their car alonside my door and I have to brake. Dumb!

People who don't have a clue how to guage the speed of oncoming traffic when pulling out of driveways and merging, and THEN always chosing the lane I'm in when others are empty.

Short statured women in HUGE SUVs who can't see anything around their enormous vehicle....they always cut you off or get too close when backing from parking spots.

Women who drive like fraidy-cats all jumpy and jerky, brake slammers. These girls give ladies like me a bad name!

Ricers - period.

Old 05-31-2006, 01:52 PM
StartMeUp
1st Gear Member

People who pass you on the interstate and then try to take a coat of paint off of your front bumper to get back in the right lane for no apparent reason!

Quick Reply: For discussion - what is YOUR Pet Peeve!