Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Else disappointed with their MODS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone Else disappointed with their MODS?

Yes, most of that is the altitude. Denver is higher than where I live (Salt Lake City) and according to NHRA info you can add .9 to your ET here vs. around sea level. So he's probably got well over 1 second of time added to his ET in Denver. Take that full second (maybe more?) off and he's running good times.

Not much you can do about thin air.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:05 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Yu need to get to a dyno and find out how much HP you're putting to the ground. Only then will you and the rest of us know if it's the car or the driver. The end.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16153/AA8AA94A5E4F4A2EAE12ED3D03CF3A48.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-01-2006, 04:30 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

I would say the launch could use some work based on the 60' times but these will be slower because of altitude also. I think the biggest problem is the thin air it makes a big difference.

What are your stock and current uncorrected dyno numbers so we know what kind of power you are actually making? Corrected numbers won't help because that calculates HP at sea level from what your car actually put down.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:42 PM
vponymike6
2nd Gear Member

i would tell you to just keep practicing, with those mods you should be making better times and im confident you will
Old 06-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Yeah that guy lives in Denver, Colorado the air is the thiniest I personally have ever breathed. I'm in Summerville, South Carolina and the air is thick because we are on sea level. My CAI and Pullys freaking rock the house but to be honest I don't really know my numbers but I'm happy as far as the seat dyno goes. Also I heard shorty headers are a waste of money and don't produce anymore power. I could be full of s hit but thats what I hear.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:53 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Several factors:

Thin air.

Shorty headers are good for 5 HP tops. If you want HP, get long-tube headers.

As others have said, practice your launches.

And finally, your NUMBER ONE mod for the strip should be tires. Worry about those before anything else.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:50 PM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lmmmmm

maybe the next mod should be the driver.
well a few people caught this like Daniel 60....

I am in Denver, and Bandimere sits near 6000 feet of altitude....

And I think I'm a fairly decent driver.....that is why I gave examples of other GT's that are running ONLY 15's...because with my times their ONLY excuse is the driver.....

Also look at my 60' 2.113 I thought was pretty damn good on street tires.

What 60' marks are you N/A guys running at SEALEVEL, and WITH street tires? I bet most of you are above 2.0...so 2.113 at 6,000 feet i think is pretty good....

the biggest disappointment w/ with the C&L CAI and tune...the tune that I got WITH the Predator designed for the C&L, thru a CEL before I even left the driveway practically. I had it on the dyno that day and gained only 13-15HP from my baseline dyno to the CAI. A lot of people are gaining 25-30hp with this same setup. Maybe it is the altitude-the engine IS getting more air-hence the increase in HP, but there's still no damn O2 in that air...maybe I'm just screwed until I get to sealevel. I haven't seen one N/A GT here in denver at the track that is putting down good times (better than mine) consistently...and I've seen probably 20 or so other GTs at the track since I started going.....I know guys with 4.10s and 4.30s that still cant get under 14.5 (again probably a driver issue)...

anyway...apparantely everyone else at SEALEVEL is happy with their mods...
Old 06-01-2006, 11:11 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Long tube headers for one.. sorry but your shorty headers where a waste of money IMHO .. sorry bud...

anyway.. it is the AIR...!! I know that since the weather where I live has gone from 70 to 90 degrees outside.. my car doesn't have the same .. uummppff .. yeah it is still fast .. but not like it was a couple of months ago when the weather outside was nice.. yes I turn the A/C off...
anyway the air is your problem IMO and not your driving.. unless your spinning those tires in 2nd and 3rd.. that will cost you also.. I have a auto trans. and I beet stock manual guys all the time.. there cars are stock.. I only have a CAI... tune and 3.73 gears .. but still beet them.. lol

JMO

best of luck..

Rex
Old 06-01-2006, 11:29 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

OK ,... u r @ 6000' above sea level,...... TRY RUNNING THE 1st 1320' down hill... towards sea level, your times should improve.

JMO

BTW, rex7010, you won't beat this manual stock guy.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:38 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

LEJAY,
if your car is stock.. I bet I can.. we both live in Ohio.. I live in Cincinnati..

close to Northgate Mall if you know where that is..??

we can go to Cross County Highway and find out.. LMK... lol

Rex

Quick Reply: Anyone Else disappointed with their MODS?