Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two week old car got egged!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 05:34 AM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Two week old car got egged!

My car lasted four days before it got egged. Ended up with some paint damage by the door which I am stuck with until I get time to get it fixed up.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

Wow that really sucks. Unfortunately, its a price you pay when having a nice car. There is always going to be some jealous hater out there.

I remember one time some asshats decided to do a drive by paint balling on my Supra. Luckily they were horrible shots, and the only shot that landed hit the plastic cover under the gas tank.

Oh and I did get egged once. It was rather dramatic, and I had to laugh about it afterwards. I was driving down a two lane road, and some goon in an oncoming car threw an egg at me. I didn't even see it coming. It would have been the equivalent of a 90mph+ egg. It hit the edge of my hood, near the windsheild, and splattered all over my windshield. Scared the **** outta me when it happened. I hit the wipers, and all I got was one little line of clean windshield. The egg had taken the wiper right off of the arm. I had to drive the rest of they way with my head out of the window. Luckily I was only about a mile from home. It left a large V shaped chip on my hood also.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

Yep, if it's a daily driver it WILL be "dinged" and "scratched" every now and then...now VANDALISM? that just plain sucks!! Sorry to hear it happened...

About 2 months ago, Friday night, 9:30ish...this is my "egging" story:

I was slowly approaching a red light down the street from my house, there was a truck parked at the light. Before I got close enough to stop I saw: the light turn green...the truck starts making a turn and then 4 kids/teens step out of the trees next to the road and throw eggs at the truck as it pulls off...the dumb@sses were standing in the road right in front of my car! I slammed on the brakes and opened the door as if to run after them and they all took off running back to the treeline and the parking lot behind the trees. I jumped back in the mustang, spun the car around and turned into the driveway of the parking lot they were in.

They had parked at the far end of the lot FACING a divider (dumb@sses) so they had to back out and then pull forward to leave....I pulled my car up JUST close enough so they wouldn't be able to back out and then just SAT there with my brights shining on them...they were going NUTS, prolly about 6 kids in all, a couple took off running and never came back, the others were running around with hand fulls of egg cartons and eggs trying to throw the stuff away in the trees....it was pretty comical.

After a few heated words were exchanged...one of the younger ones even offered to wash my car (they hadn't even egged my car, although if they would've, they would've been worse off)...I told them I'd already called the cops because I was SICK of that kindof sh*t happening in my neighborhood...I mean, yeah, I did some stupid stuff too as a kid...but "you play, you pay".

I waited there until 2 cops pulled up...I explained why I had called them and they said of course they'd gotten a lot of calls/complaints lately concerning this sort of thing. I told 'em that was why I called them...no, I didn't want to press charges...and then took off.

The look on the kids faces during all this was PRICELESS...later I felt a little guilty for calling the cops but everyone I talked to said I did the right thing! Either way...there's my story

Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==As I was waxing it last night I found four spots that are visible when you look against the light. Any idea what I might use to remove it? ==

It sounds like you may have some damage to the clearcoat. Unfortunately if egg sits on the paint until it's dry there's going to be damage. Especially considering your car didn't have any wax on it. You can try to claybar it out, but you'll probably still see the damage to some extent. You'll have to decide whether to live with it or clear the whole hood. We all have those little spots on our cars that nobody notices but us, as the others said it's the price of having a daily driver.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:58 PM
alphy

A trunk monkey sure would've come in handy in this situation.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Silky_Johnston
2nd Gear Member

I am really sorry your car got egged.

I hate reading stuff like this...people are so petty and jealous. Makes me very angry!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:31 PM
zx9rpilot
2nd Gear Member

When all else fails....buy a gun!
[sm=shootshoot.gif]
Old 06-05-2006, 03:54 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

+1 on the Noah car cover suggestion.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

Someone posted a couple weeks back that they got egged with their vert top down and it hit them in the face. Some people are just idiots that haven't evolved far enough from the monkey yet.